Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThornsnRoses)
    youre bloody cool....we share bdays!
    Now thats real cool

ReputationRep:
    I have been in love twice. Once with my first bf who I was with for over 2 years and the other with my current bf who I have been with for nearly a year and a half now. Love is great when it is good but it hurts more than you can imagen when it all falls apart.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by randdom)
    Love is great when it is good but it hurts more than you can imagen when it all falls apart.
    [Cliche] Better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all. [/Cliche]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musicboy)
    I don't believe in love.

MB
    Me neither.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adhsur)
    Me neither.
    Until your telling your bf you love him?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by corey)
    Until your telling your bf you love him?
    lol oh that's just a matter of routine.

But in the deep philosophical sense it doesn't exist. Not in the way people want it to anyway. Doesn't matter though, I'm hardly thinking philosophy when I'm with my bf!

I already told my bf though - he's spent 4 years trying to convince me, poor thing!

ReputationRep:
    I always thought i was in love with every guy I had a relationship with (5) then when i was DETERMINED never to fall in love I feel in love with a friend which is quite intense.

I also think that when you get older love becomes scarier cause you have more to loose. What do others think?

ReputationRep:

But in the deep philosophical sense it doesn't exist. Not in the way people want it to anyway. Doesn't matter though, I'm hardly thinking philosophy when I'm with my bf!

I already told my bf though - he's spent 4 years trying to convince me, poor thing!
    I agree 100%. I 'love' my girlfriend but only in the sense that I want to be with her more than any other woman (well, I wouldn't say no to Kiera Knightley) in the world, and would you look at that - she's just emailed me. Anyway, there's my 2 drachmas.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frost105)
    I always thought i was in love with every guy I had a relationship with (5) then when i was DETERMINED never to fall in love I feel in love with a friend which is quite intense.

I also think that when you get older love becomes scarier cause you have more to loose. What do others think?
    indeed i think as we grow older we learn the value of love and everything it bvrings with it, so to loose it is a far greater tradgedy then simply a chilhood boyfriend/girlfriend. if i lost wat i have know with my fiance' scott i dont know how id live, it would be more pain than i could ever imagine, but its nice to have something so important and dear to me, to have so much to loose. but i hope i never loose it for my heart would wither and die as would i.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by soccercrazygal)
    How many of u guys have actually been in love, like totally ...

i havent ever and its getting to me Usually i feel like the whore in the relationship coz all these guys r in "love" with me apparantly.. (Whore--not intended literally) **** i am starting to feel like i am in the wrong to just mess with all these guys :eek:

So do the blokes on here just mess around or u in a serious rel?
    Love is a very big word to use.
    No I have never been in love... ive been extremely infatuated a few times but never love.

ReputationRep:
    Is it?

But in the deep philosophical sense it doesn't exist. Not in the way people want it to anyway.
    What is that supposed to mean? How do you know want 'people' what love to mean?

Sounds like he's wasting his time.

I get confused when people assume love is a perfect and eternal match and thus assume it doesn't exist because that ideal doesn't exist. Love is much more complicated than that!

ReputationRep:
    I have never been in love, so it is hard to comment but I love my family.

ReputationRep:
    I have never been in love and to be honest I dont think it exists, it is just a word after all. Just to make things clear I have never had a relationship.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SciFi25)
    I have never been in love and to be honest I dont think it exists, it is just a word after all. Just to make things clear I have never had a relationship.
    So the experience that lends weight to your theory is somewhat limited.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SciFi25)
    I’m not going to comment on any personal experiences but I think it’s silly to say that love doesn’t exist. I would say there are different types of love and it’s important to distinguish those (i.e. love that involves passion but not intimacy in contrast to the strongest form of love that involves both passion and intimacy…).

I have exchanged an 'I love you' with somebody who I met because of UKL actually, and yes this was in real life, not just an MSN relationship or anything. :rolleyes:

She's on her way to my house as I type actually, oooo.

ReputationRep:
    Me neither.
    to say you don't believe in love is saying it doesn't exist, which doesn't make sense. oh well i suppose it depends on what your definition of love is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkfairy)
    to say you don't believe in love is saying it doesn't exist, which doesn't make sense. oh well i suppose it depends on what your definition of love is.
    Indeed, as i said in a previous post, love is an unquantifiable emotion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by waiting2smile)
    I’m not going to comment on any personal experiences but I think it’s silly to say that love doesn’t exist. I would say there are different types of love and it’s important to distinguish those (i.e. love that involves passion but not intimacy in contrast to the strongest form of love that involves both passion and intimacy…).
    Well if it does exist then I haven't found it yet! There are different types of 'love' to be sure. I do not feel the same way about my sister as a friend of mine I had a thing with. I dont feel the same way about my female best friend as I do my male ones.

I think the only agreement everyone can reach is that there are different types of love for different people in your life.

ReputationRep:
    this word does freaks me out coz it's a word which doesn't only means emtionally but physically as well, so if your bf say that ??????
    this word may also leads to marriage .... (some may marry for other reasons)

Poll
Do you have any savings?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.