Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys. Is it possible to change degrees & uni through clearing on results day for e.g. Business at Greenwich to Nursing to City Uni if I either miss or exceed the grades from my original entry requirement for Business Psychology? Is the process not so difficult as they are completely different degrees?

Lastly, do you guys think it is too late to change courses? I don't start uni till mid September. Is it possible to change courses before results day if your original course entry requirements is the same as the different degree? (but at different unis)

Thank you!!
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by Marisahd6)
    Hey guys. Is it possible to change degrees & uni through clearing on results day for e.g. Business at Greenwich to Nursing to City Uni if I either miss or exceed the grades from my original entry requirement for Business Psychology? Is the process not so difficult as they are completely different degrees?

Lastly, do you guys think it is too late to change courses? I don't start uni till mid September. Is it possible to change courses before results day if your original course entry requirements is the same as the different degree? (but at different unis)

Thank you!!
    Decide if you wish to do the degree you are currently on track for.
    If not, then cancel and get them to release you.
    You arent allowed to enter clearing proper until released, so if you wait till results day you will still have to get them to release you and that could take 1-2 weeks at a very busy time. In the meantime places from clearing will be going. Assuming you get the grades ofc.

If as you seem to indicate you only want the new course if you either fail to get into your main, then you will be declined most likely if you fail to meet the grades or get close and then you can enter clearing or

Clearing
    https://www.ucas.com/ucas/undergradu...clearing-works

Adjustment
    If you exceed the grades you can try going through adjustment.

https://www.ucas.com/ucas/undergradu...etter-expected

You will also need to check you meet the entry requirements for Nursing. This one is for Adult.

You might wish to check with City now to see if they have places.

Attachment 677254

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    Decide if you wish to do the degree you are currently on track for.
    If not, then cancel and get them to release you.
    You arent allowed to enter clearing proper until released, so if you wait till results day you will still have to get them to release you and that could take 1-2 weeks at a very busy time. In the meantime places from clearing will be going. Assuming you get the grades ofc.

If as you seem to indicate you only want the new course if you either fail to get into your main, then you will be declined most likely if you fail to meet the grades or get close and then you can enter clearing or

Clearing
    https://www.ucas.com/ucas/undergradu...clearing-works

Adjustment
    If you exceed the grades you can try going through adjustment.

https://www.ucas.com/ucas/undergradu...etter-expected

You will also need to check you meet the entry requirements for Nursing. This one is for Adult.

You might wish to check with City now to see if they have places.

Attachment 677254
    Thank you so much for the information! And oh wow I never knew it could take weeks to be released from a course

Its just that I have a passion for Business Psychology as well as Child Nursing. Im just worried what kind of jobs i can actually go into with Business Psychology except human resources & without doing a postgraduate Psychology course because I dont want to do that!
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much for the information! And oh wow I never knew it could take weeks to be released from a course

Its just that I have a passion for Business Psychology as well as Child Nursing. Im just worried what kind of jobs i can actually go into with Business Psychology except human resources & without doing a postgraduate Psychology course because I dont want to do that!
    https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/uni...surance-choice

If you can get it sorted today you could be placed in clearing before results day. After today you'll be waiting.

For a nursing clearing place you'd normally need to attend an interview (and you'll definitely need to explain why you've changed your mind) - so getting in touch ASAP with universities you're interested in and making sure you're free for interviews is important.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/uni...surance-choice

If you can get it sorted today you could be placed in clearing before results day. After today you'll be waiting.

For a nursing clearing place you'd normally need to attend an interview (and you'll definitely need to explain why you've changed your mind) - so getting in touch ASAP with universities you're interested in and making sure you're free for interviews is important.
    Thank you for the advice! I've been in touch with City University of London and as they want a BBB they said on results day I should apply to them through adjustment since my Business Psychology offer requires BBC. However, Middlesex Uni requires BBC for Child Nursing so they have told me I should ask my uni to release me now & go into clearing for them. Tbh I prefer the course at city more.

If i was to go into clearing now & my application for child nursing is unsuccessful won't that mean I have no course /uni to attend to anymore 😭 because I do really want to start uni this September!
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for the advice! I've been in touch with City University of London and as they want a BBB they said on results day I should apply to them through adjustment since my Business Psychology offer requires BBC. However, Middlesex Uni requires BBC for Child Nursing so they have told me I should ask my uni to release me now & go into clearing for them. Tbh I prefer the course at city more.

If i was to go into clearing now & my application for child nursing is unsuccessful won't that mean I have no course /uni to attend to anymore 😭 because I do really want to start uni this September!
    It would mean it was unsuccessful, I once read at some universities there could be 4 applicants per place for nursing so if it's what you really want to do you might have to be prepared to take a gap year or apply for a spring intake.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    It would mean it was unsuccessful, I once read at some universities there could be 4 applicants per place for nursing so if it's what you really want to do you might have to be prepared to take a gap year or apply for a spring intake.
    damn! what do u mean by 4 applicants per place? and I guess I would have to, maybe a gap year is what I need. Is a spring intake when you apply to start in January or something?

I really like the course content for both Business Psychology at Greenwich and Child Nursing at City Uni, but I just dk what kind of careers I can get into with Business Psychology other than human resources! Is this a good job? I was thinking my backup would be a teaching career as either a primary school teacher or Business teacher at secondary school, as I would love to work with childen/teenagers.

Thank you for your reply btw

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.