What subjects neded for International Relations in St Andrew's

Watch
lucymcg8
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I want to study Spanish and Arabic at St Andrew's but I think International Relations would be interesting to add to my degree (joint degree then). On the website it suggests that certain subjects are required but I can't find them anywhere? I'm worried because I don't know whether I have to take history or not.

Thanks xx
JM_1998
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
There aren't any specific subject requirements, just grade requirements (AAAB in Highers or AAA in A-Level). Subjects that would probably be useful for IR (though not necessary) are History, Modern Studies, Politics etc. Basically choose Social Sciences and Humanities over Science subjects and you'll be in good standing.
(This is in terms of applying for Arabic and Spanish, getting in and then taking IR as your 3rd subject, however spaces on IR for non IR applicants are quite few so I wouldn't bet on it.)

If you mean to apply for IR then I'd definitely say you should take History or Modern Studies/Politics or whatever it's called in non-Scottish Systems lol as you'll be able to discuss the aspects of these subjects you enjoy and how they relate to IR in your personal statement.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (256)
33.86%
No (500)
66.14%

Watched Threads