Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,
    So I'm a british citizen, currently living in the Netherlands. I have a dutch stepdad but until last year I lived in England since I was born. So for maintenance loans for Scotland do I count as an EU student or a british student? And where do I go to tell me if I can get funding or not? Please help because I'm an international mess

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jaarje)
    Hey guys,
    So I'm a british citizen, currently living in the Netherlands. I have a dutch stepdad but until last year I lived in England since I was born. So for maintenance loans for Scotland do I count as an EU student or a british student? And where do I go to tell me if I can get funding or not? Please help because I'm an international mess
    Heya, if you're going to university in Scotland, it'd be far, far cheaper for you to apply as an EU student. But you can only do that if you're a citizen of the EU(Brexit rip). I'm not 100% sure how it all works but if your stepdad is Dutch you can probably apply for a Dutch passport as his family? I reckon your best bet is to phone your university's help line and ask.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bbtala)
    Heya, if you're going to university in Scotland, it'd be far, far cheaper for you to apply as an EU student. But you can only do that if you're a citizen of the EU(Brexit rip). I'm not 100% sure how it all works but if your stepdad is Dutch you can probably apply for a Dutch passport as his family? I reckon your best bet is to phone your university's help line and ask.
    I think I know you from your username...do you remember georgie?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.