Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

body hair - can any girls relate? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    hi guys

honestly i would post this on anon but i'm too lazy to locate the right forums on my phone, and plus i've rightly come to learn that body hair is nothing to be ashamed of

i'm a girl, i just turned 17 and all my life i've been super hairy, i'm indian and i have light brown skin and pretty much black hair - it's literally everywhere you could think of. the only place i regularly remove hair is my upper lip (even though my cheeks and chin are also hairy), and i do that on a weekly basis using those veet facial wax strips... or if i've all ran out, then my mum threads it for me (which hurts so bad). i also use veet cream for my underarms on a regular basis but that's not too bad.

i've wanted laser hair removal forever. of course i've been bullied because of my excessive hair before, but i've learnt to accept it and i still wear short sleeve t shirts all the time despite my extremely hairy arms. my mum helps me wax my arms and legs at home sometimes, (because i've heard the last thing i should do is shave) but it's extremely time consuming and honestly pointless sometimes. for example, if i wanted to wear a sleeve less dress or a crop top, sure i'd have smooth arms and legs but i have a lot of hair on my stomach and back too that'd just peak through.

the thing i hate most about this is that, firstly yes, i know that any future partners should accept me for me, but i hate feeling like i won't be looking my best in the future whilst sleeping with someone, which is a massive issue for me. i feel like i can't even lose my virginity because my body is literally so hairy it'll look disgusting in real life - i'm just glad that thirst traps and nudes don't show my hairiness. i hate being hairy so much because i feel like no guy would ever like it if they really knew how hairy i was. i wish i could wear a bikini or even go swimming in a normal swimming costume, man even just wear shorts regularly in the summer or a dress, but i can't.

i was just wondering, is there anyone else out there who can relate to this? plus, has any one on here ever had laser hair removal before? particularly full body laser hair removal? i really really want laser hair removal before i go off to uni, simply because i feel as if having so much hair will not be convenient and i want to live up those years of my life, i want to wear revealing clothes and be promiscuous, etc. but i know that full body laser hair removal is literally so expensive, it sucks but i guess i should start saving up from now.

ReputationRep:
    Keep on waxing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ashaxo99)
    hi guys

honestly i would post this on anon but i'm too lazy to locate the right forums on my phone, and plus i've rightly come to learn that body hair is nothing to be ashamed of

i'm a girl, i just turned 17 and all my life i've been super hairy, i'm indian and i have light brown skin and pretty much black hair - it's literally everywhere you could think of. the only place i regularly remove hair is my upper lip (even though my cheeks and chin are also hairy), and i do that on a weekly basis using those veet facial wax strips... or if i've all ran out, then my mum threads it for me (which hurts so bad). i also use veet cream for my underarms on a regular basis but that's not too bad.

i've wanted laser hair removal forever. of course i've been bullied because of my excessive hair before, but i've learnt to accept it and i still wear short sleeve t shirts all the time despite my extremely hairy arms. my mum helps me wax my arms and legs at home sometimes, (because i've heard the last thing i should do is shave) but it's extremely time consuming and honestly pointless sometimes. for example, if i wanted to wear a sleeve less dress or a crop top, sure i'd have smooth arms and legs but i have a lot of hair on my stomach and back too that'd just peak through.

the thing i hate most about this is that, firstly yes, i know that any future partners should accept me for me, but i hate feeling like i won't be looking my best in the future whilst sleeping with someone, which is a massive issue for me. i feel like i can't even lose my virginity because my body is literally so hairy it'll look disgusting in real life - i'm just glad that thirst traps and nudes don't show my hairiness. i hate being hairy so much because i feel like no guy would ever like it if they really knew how hairy i was. i wish i could wear a bikini or even go swimming in a normal swimming costume, man even just wear shorts regularly in the summer or a dress, but i can't.

i was just wondering, is there anyone else out there who can relate to this? plus, has any one on here ever had laser hair removal before? particularly full body laser hair removal? i really really want laser hair removal before i go off to uni, simply because i feel as if having so much hair will not be convenient and i want to live up those years of my life, i want to wear revealing clothes and be promiscuous, etc. but i know that full body laser hair removal is literally so expensive, it sucks but i guess i should start saving up from now.
    Use an epilator for your arms it's not like shaving and it pulls your hair it doesn't hurt if you use it correctly which is on short hair just as it's come out don't use it on really long hair

Not sure if it matters since im a guy but I've been with girls that are were a bit hairy at times, it didn't bother me at all. in fact sometimes I like it. Bullies are going to be bullies.

I'm sure you look great regardless

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.