NY_40
Badges: 7
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I'm stressing out a bit, because I'm starting year 10 in September, and we beed to sit around 10 GCSE exams, some of which in January (of year 10)! Should I be working a bit over the summer - can't revise because we haven't properly started the courses!!! I want to do well in my GCSEs, should I start working now????
Cubone-r
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Jesus Christ, no. You are 14/15 years old, enjoy being a teenager.
the one 123
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Mate enjoy your summer, just make sure when you start year 10 to do like an hour revision per week
username1801813
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by NY_40)
I'm stressing out a bit, because I'm starting year 10 in September, and we beed to sit around 10 GCSE exams, some of which in January (of year 10)! Should I be working a bit over the summer - can't revise because we haven't properly started the courses!!! I want to do well in my GCSEs, should I start working now????
Hi buddy

The first thing I want to say is; relax. You're going to be fine.
I understand why you'd be stressed, but now is not the time
Enjoy your summer because you won't have 6 weeks to chill and do stuff you like come September.

Are the january exams proper exams or mocks?
I thought all exams were taken at the end of year 11? they were for me and I only sat them 2 years ago.
Regardless, if the content you're going to be examined on is something you've learnt, maybe do some light revision, like 30 minutes or something a day.
If it's on something you've not learnt, revising now isn't going to do you that much good in my opinion, just enjoy your summer for now if this is the case.

I had over 20 exams in May and June and started revising lightly around Feb and March, so I know you'll be fine.
Plus, you'll probably be allowed to resit the jan exams since I can only think of my Double Science friends who had Jan exams in year 10 and Im pretty sure they could resit in year 11.
MellinaB
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Year 10 exams don't really matter in the short term so no I wouldn't really revise over summer if I were you, but in the long term, the more revision you do now, the better prepared you'll be for your GCSE's in year 11
But no I wouldn't revise over summer )
alotofonetoknow
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by NY_40)
which exams are you doing in year 10?? i only did ecdl (like ict half gcse) and it was easy as **** i got 100% lol
don't stress, year 10 is your last chill year tbh
there's not even really a need to revise in your year 10 summer holiday, so definitely don't bother for year 9
maybe buy some cgps and read through them at the most
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (376)
56.46%
I don't have everything I need (290)
43.54%

Watched Threads