The Student Room Group

Disadvantages of being a guy?

Would like to hear your responses. Inspired by thread by @Ryanthom100

Let me get the ball rolling, lower life expectancy.
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
You have to shave, workout, have a shower, be kind to people otherwise your a fckboi, maintain the family, do all the work, give all your money away.
Don't worry gentlemen, your sadness of living fewer years and unexpected boners can be plastered by treating yourself with your higher income! Enjoy life fellas! :h:
Reply 3
Original post by Throwaway740
Would like to hear your responses. Inspired by thread by @Ryanthom100

Let me get the ball rolling, lower life expectancy.

nothing I can really think of, like we're generally fitter, stronger and we dont bleed out of our dicks every month
feeling like you can't express feelings of being down etc because your a guy and you're not meant to.
Reply 5
Definitely the mood swings
Reply 6
Original post by aware1
You have to shave, workout, have a shower, be kind to people otherwise your a fckboi, maintain the family, do all the work, give all your money away.

don't have to shave lol. And I think everyone has to shower not just guys :lol:
Original post by ImagineCats
Don't worry gentlemen, your sadness of living fewer years and unexpected boners can be plastered by treating yourself with your higher income! Enjoy life fellas! :h:

Get a higher paying job then. The gender pay gap does not exist in the UK.
You have to put up with women if you want a child
We are the majority of the homeless, the majority of the successful suicides, more likely to die at our place of work, less likely to win custody battles, are underachieving at all levels of education, lower life expectancy, and on average men get longer court sentences compared to women who commit the same crimes. The list goes on...
(edited 6 years ago)
The burden of male privilege.
Original post by Cubone-r
Get a higher paying job then you absolute tool. The gender pay gap does not exist in the UK.

I get it's hard to admit as a guy (I'm acc being serious not patronizing) but this is a small example of a 'well payed job' and the difference is obvious

Sorry but how can you live in this century and believe there isn't a pay gap? I'm about to go to uni so I can't get a high paying job right now lol
Original post by Cubone-r
We are the majority of the homeless, the majority of the successful suicides, more likely to die at our place of work, less likely to win custody battles, are underachieving at all levels of education, lower life expectancy, and on average men get longer court sentences compared to women who commit the same crimes. The list goes on...

Call it karma after centuries of cockiness at being born male
Reply 13
That we live in the feminist age.
Girls don't approach (mostly).
I get it's hard to admit as a guy (I'm acc being serious not patronizing) but this is a small example of a 'well payed job' and the difference is obvious

Sorry but how can you live in this century and believe there isn't a pay gap? I'm about to go to uni so I can't get a high paying job right now lol

I can believe there is not a pay gap because no serious, accredited economist has actually found a pay gap where women are not being paid the same amount of money for the same work (in the UK at least).

Have those salaries taken into account the lecturers' experience, the amount of research they publish, the amount of teaching responsibilities etc? If someone is doing more work than someone else then they deserve to be paid more money.

The disparity that most people cite is due to women's choices to take up more part-time work, work less hours on average, and of course take time out of work to have children; this is not a pay gap in the sense that big bad men are choosing to pay women less, it is a gap or difference in choices women make compared to men.

If you do end up being paid less as a male for the exact same work with the same experience and qualifications then please take it up with your employer or an employment tribunal as it is against the law. However, it is not against the law to pay someone more money than someone else because they produce more work.
(edited 6 years ago)

You're right, there is a pay gap. Over a lifetime, a guy will earn a greater total than a woman. Though you have to remember the pay gap statistic DOES NOT take into account whether they have the same job, how many hours they work etc. Men tend to dominate high paying jobs while it's vice versa for women for example, so it skews the statistic. Most CEOs are male for example. Also women may take time off to look after children, even after maternity leave, while men continue working, so it skews the statistic even further. You should bring up the pay gap statistic if you work under the EXACT SAME work conditions, if you can.
Original post by yungaheartz
Call it karma after centuries of cockiness at being born male

I have no responsibility for the cockiness levels of my ancestors, thanks.
Original post by Mr Smurf
Girls don't approach (mostly).

Yeah, women should definitely approach guys more. It'd make guys' lives much easier haha.
You have to chase girls they won't chase you.

Quick Reply

Latest