Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My accommodation installment is due way before my loan will come through Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm staying at CRM Lumis Living in Leicester and need to pay £2074 by the 30th August.

I don't start uni until the 25th September and then it'll take 3/4 days for the uni to confirm my attendance and then for my loan to come through.

My overdraft won't cover the full amount and I can't ask my parents as money is v. tight.

I don't know what to do, help pls!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hennaaaa)
    I'm staying at CRM Lumis Living in Leicester and need to pay £2074 by the 30th August.

I don't start uni until the 25th September and then it'll take 3/4 days for the uni to confirm my attendance and then for my loan to come through.

My overdraft won't cover the full amount and I can't ask my parents as money is v. tight.

Could you e-mail the uni? Call them? And explain the situation, blaming student finance? Surely you can't be alone in this situation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hennaaaa)

Did you not check the dates on the contract? I'm assuming this is private accommodation who won't let you move the dates?
    Is there any chance you can get a job and work as many hours as possible this month? It won't give you much but you might be able to get around a 800-1000..

You might be able to explain the situation to your bank and see if they'll extend your overdraft but then your loan would go straight into paying that off so you could be starting uni in your overdraft already.

Have you spoken to anyone else living there? what are they doing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jackieox)
    Did you not check the dates on the contract? I'm assuming this is private accommodation who won't let you move the dates?
    Is there any chance you can get a job and work as many hours as possible this month? It won't give you much but you might be able to get around a 800-1000..

You might be able to explain the situation to your bank and see if they'll extend your overdraft but then your loan would go straight into paying that off so you could be starting uni in your overdraft already.

Have you spoken to anyone else living there? what are they doing?
    I haven't accepted the contract yet, I was just about to when I realised that it was 30 August they wanted the first payment.
    It is private accommodation and so I'm not sure if they'll move the dates, but I'm planning to ring them tomorrow.

I haven't spoken to anyone else yet, I'm just currently panicking
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Talk to the landlord if your parents can't help you.

ReputationRep:
    i got an email saying i can pay 4 weeks rent by end of august and pay the rest once my student loans comes in

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.