Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

i dont know how to quit my job Watch

Announcements

so, i got a new job in June. I finished school in may, then went on holiday but came back early bc i found out i got the job. it's been over a month now and I'm just so tired of it. I was supposed to be there only part time to help around and stuff, but 2 other girls left so I work full time to cover for them. I would be okay with full time but now I do 45-55 hours a week which is ridiculous for a 16 year old!

And it's so tiring, i'm usually doing my shifts alone when there should be at least 2-3 people to do everything properly. One person needs to do the till, then the other person does the meat (mincing/cutting fresh meat for customers and stuff) and the thrid one tops up the fridges and shelves. But now I do everything on my own! Which is pretty impossible tbh and when the owner is around I always get shouted at bc the shelves are empty but then when i go to the back room to bring products for the shelves, I get shouted at for not watching the shop. Also the owner barely speaks english so when he shouts at me I can't even explain myself bc he doesnt understand! I tried talking to him about this situation but as I said it's just really hard to communicate with him.

I would of quitted ages ago but I don't want to let other girls who work there down. They do loads of hours as well (shop's open 7am til 10 pm so one of us usually does the morning then another one comes in in the afternoon). If I left, they would have to work even more because Im pretty certain the owner wouldnt employ another person, he has trust issues (the only reason he employed me is because he knows my dad). I feel like all of us should leave bc it's just not fair to treat your employees like that but I know the girls won't leave because it's hard to get a job where we live and they both have to make living so...

I am supposed to stay there until the end of september (then I move out of the town) but I feel like I won't be able to do 2 more months. But I don't want to leave the girls... what should i do
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    so, i got a new job in June. I finished school in may, then went on holiday but came back early bc i found out i got the job. it's been over a month now and I'm just so tired of it. I was supposed to be there only part time to help around and stuff, but 2 other girls left so I work full time to cover for them. I would be okay with full time but now I do 45-55 hours a week which is ridiculous for a 16 year old!

And it's so tiring, i'm usually doing my shifts alone when there should be at least 2-3 people to do everything properly. One person needs to do the till, then the other person does the meat (mincing/cutting fresh meat for customers and stuff) and the thrid one tops up the fridges and shelves. But now I do everything on my own! Which is pretty impossible tbh and when the owner is around I always get shouted at bc the shelves are empty but then when i go to the back room to bring products for the shelves, I get shouted at for not watching the shop. Also the owner barely speaks english so when he shouts at me I can't even explain myself bc he doesnt understand! I tried talking to him about this situation but as I said it's just really hard to communicate with him.

I would of quitted ages ago but I don't want to let other girls who work there down. They do loads of hours as well (shop's open 7am til 10 pm so one of us usually does the morning then another one comes in in the afternoon). If I left, they would have to work even more because Im pretty certain the owner wouldnt employ another person, he has trust issues (the only reason he employed me is because he knows my dad). I feel like all of us should leave bc it's just not fair to treat your employees like that but I know the girls won't leave because it's hard to get a job where we live and they both have to make living so...

I am supposed to stay there until the end of september (then I move out of the town) but I feel like I won't be able to do 2 more months. But I don't want to leave the girls... what should i do
    It's admirable you want to stay because of colleagues but I m sure they ll appreciate with the working conditions that you want to leave.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.