The Student Room Group

UCAS track query

Hello,

Originally, my firm choice university wanted AAB. My insurance choice wanted BCC, or it would have been made unconditional if I made that university my firm choice.

Anyway I've rang ucas and the universities involved, I've made my insurance choice my firm choice, and that university has confirmed that it would be an unconditional offer. I've changed my mind about my choices because I'm feeling like I've not done well in my exams!! I've checked UCAS track and for some reason, my firm choice uni is now my back up and my insurance choice is now my firm. However, track is showing this as a conditional offer, which is confusing me a little. It seems weird to have a back up choice that's several grades up 😂

Any ideas of what should be done next? advice would be much appreciated
It sounds like a messy glitch. You need to call UCAS again tomorrow and your unis. Just keep the ABB uni as your firm and if you don't do well in exams then you'll get your insurance BCC
Original post by littlemix011
Hello,

Originally, my firm choice university wanted AAB. My insurance choice wanted BCC, or it would have been made unconditional if I made that university my firm choice.

Anyway I've rang ucas and the universities involved, I've made my insurance choice my firm choice, and that university has confirmed that it would be an unconditional offer. I've changed my mind about my choices because I'm feeling like I've not done well in my exams!! I've checked UCAS track and for some reason, my firm choice uni is now my back up and my insurance choice is now my firm. However, track is showing this as a conditional offer, which is confusing me a little. It seems weird to have a back up choice that's several grades up 😂

Call your now firm and ask when they ll change it to unconditional through ucas
Original post by littlemix011
Hello,

It's not a glitch. It's exactly what swapping your offers will look like.

Your firm now needs to notify ucas that your offer is unconditional. At that point your new insurance will still show on Track but the university will know you're going elsewhere and they no longer need to honour the offer.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending