The Student Room Group

Extra Finance

I have been approved for NHS Bursary but the amount is 352 pounds a month, it cannot even pay for my house rents. I called NHS Bursary and I was told that that is the amount that I am eligible for. I was advised to contact student finance and I was told that those of us on NHS bursary are not qualified for student finance, I called NHS bursary and I was told to try career development loan with my bank(Llyord bank) . I called my bank and I was told they don't offer career development loans and if they did i will not be eligible. Please, can anybody help with any source of finance or loan that I can apply? Thanks for helping
Original post by awaayim
I have been approved for NHS Bursary but the amount is 352 pounds a month, it cannot even pay for my house rents. I called NHS Bursary and I was told that that is the amount that I am eligible for. I was advised to contact student finance and I was told that those of us on NHS bursary are not qualified for student finance, I called NHS bursary and I was told to try career development loan with my bank(Llyord bank) . I called my bank and I was told they don't offer career development loans and if they did i will not be eligible. Please, can anybody help with any source of finance or loan that I can apply? Thanks for helping

Hi awaayim,

Students who are entitled to an NHS Bursary are usually eligible for a Reduced Rate Maintenance Loan from SFE.

What course is it you are studying?

Warm regards.
Reply 2
I am studying at UCLAN . It is a Pre-registration master degree in Mental Health Nursing. I called Student Finance England I was told that i am not eligible for any finance since i am on NHS Bursary program.
Original post by awaayim
I am studying at UCLAN . It is a Pre-registration master degree in Mental Health Nursing. I called Student Finance England I was told that i am not eligible for any finance since i am on NHS Bursary program.

Hi awaayim,

Due to the course being masters level and getting funding from the NHS then it wouldn't be something we fund.

Warm regards.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending