Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Pests watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    We've just managed to get rid of a squirrel which invaded my house about 56 hours ago and hid behind the dishwasher in the kitchen. Last night we left the door open and a few peanuts by the door to let it out - the peanuts were gone but not the squirrel, it didn't seem to want its freedom. Pest control couldn't dislodge the thing but they poked it a fair bit and it came out a few hours later. I'm glad its gone.
    So what pests have you had in your house if any?
    (By the way, never feed squirrels peanuts or eat them near them or it might invade your house :rolleyes: )

ReputationRep:
    well let me see a squrel rabbit birds rats mice all that good stuff

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ramaya)
    We've just managed to get rid of a squirrel which invaded my house about 56 hours ago and hid behind the dishwasher in the kitchen. Last night we left the door open and a few peanuts by the door to let it out - the peanuts were gone but not the squirrel, it didn't seem to want its freedom. Pest control couldn't dislodge the thing but they poked it a fair bit and it came out a few hours later. I'm glad its gone.
    So what pests have you had in your house if any?
    (By the way, never feed squirrels peanuts or eat them near them or it might invade your house :rolleyes: )
    Does my brother count? :mad: :cool:

ReputationRep:
    You know what i actually think squirrels and foxes are really nice animals and important to british wildlife i go out of my way to feed the foxes in my garden and the squirrels so a little more compassion for them would not go amiss thats all i ask xxx

ReputationRep:
    Ants. But our council doesn't count them as pests :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fleff)
    Ants. But our council doesn't count them as pests :mad:
    Well thats a bit crap really isnt it! Theyre so damn annoying! We had a veritable infestation in the doorframes nothing that a bit of Nippon didnt solve :cool:

Squirrels? You think you've got a problem. You want to try wasps nests in your roof. We're talking wasps crawling out of the light fittings when you're in the shower.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Vlad)
    Well thats a bit crap really isnt it! Theyre so damn annoying! We had a veritable infestation in the doorframes nothing that a bit of Nippon didnt solve :cool:
    Right now they've tunnelled under our window frame in the kitchen, causing us to have ant powder in each corner, and a light dusting over the whole window sil, just incase. I came home once to find them covering the corner of the window ledge thing, crawling over one and other *shivers* there must have been 100, easily...

ReputationRep:
    spiders.....lots of spiders......*shudders* yesterday one crawled out of my italian textbook.....i think the same one scuttled out of my dressing table drawer later on that day and ran into the runner in the drawer....hopefully i squished it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fleff)
    Right now they've tunnelled under our window frame in the kitchen, causing us to have ant powder in each corner, and a light dusting over the whole window sil, just incase. I came home once to find them covering the corner of the window ledge thing, crawling over one and other *shivers* there must have been 100, easily...
    thats remarkably grim

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinka)
    You know what i actually think squirrels and foxes are really nice animals and important to british wildlife i go out of my way to feed the foxes in my garden and the squirrels so a little more compassion for them would not go amiss thats all i ask xxx
    Foxes are vicious *******s. I suppose at least if you leave food out, you'll have an easier shot at them when they come.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Airport Fairy)
    Squirrels? You think you've got a problem. You want to try wasps nests in your roof. We're talking wasps crawling out of the light fittings when you're in the shower.
    EEK! :eek: i hate wasps... they scare me

ReputationRep:
    We've had ants, wasps, mice, foxes, spiders, squirrels... *shudders*

ReputationRep:
    OMG squirrell isnt a pest there so cute and cuddly

cept when they are hungry... then you should start running... running fast.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Neas)

They attack bin bags :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Neas)

They're a pest when they start using your pots and pans as their new toilet!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 30, 2004
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.