Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Am I the only one that thinks this? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Trust me, I'm not trolling here or anything, not like I just made a fresh troll account or something. I know some people really like animals like cats and dogs. For some people it's to the point where it almost seems as if they value an animal's life over a human's. Well what I'm about to say may get you angry.

I couldn't give two shits about animals. Don't know why some people like them so much. If a dog or cat was bleeding to death at my very feet, wailing, I wouldn't care. I would still sleep easy that night like nothing happened. I'm against animal abuse of course, not because of the animals' feelings (if they possess them) or wellbeing, but because logically speaking it is unnecessary and serves no useful purpose. Didn't care that Harambe died either, though this is old news, just using it as another example. I obviously sympathise when humans die, but not animals.

Also, in case someone does this, I know a human is technically an animal too, but you when you think of animals you don't group humans with them do you?

If you agree but afraid to say it publicly, go anonymous please.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Throwaway740)
    Trust me, I'm not trolling here or anything, not like I just made a fresh troll account or something. I know some people really like animals like cats and dogs. For some people it's to the point where it almost seems as if they value an animal's life over a human's. Well what I'm about to say may get you angry.

I couldn't give two shits about animals. Don't know why some people like them so much. If a dog or cat was bleeding to death at my very feet, wailing, I wouldn't care. I would still sleep easy that night like nothing happened. I'm against animal abuse of course, not because of the animals' feelings (if they possess them) or wellbeing, but because logically speaking it is unnecessary and serves no useful purpose. Didn't care that Harambe died either, though this is old news, just using it as another example. I obviously sympathise when humans die, but not animals.

Also, in case someone does this, I know a human is technically an animal too, but you when you think of animals you don't group humans with them do you?

If I saw an animal suffering I would probably shoot it if I had the opportunity...

yep.. theres something wrong with you.
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Didn't care that Harambe died either
    No one did, except for the people working at the zoo. It was just a meme lmao

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cloudyeyes)
    yep.. theres something wrong with you.
    If you say so I guess, not that I really care.

ReputationRep:
    Props for being honest and bold enough not to post anonymously, but I disagree

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kravence)
    No one did, except for the people working at the zoo. It was just a meme lmao
    Yeah not the best example. Was a quality meh-may though!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    If a dog or cat was bleeding to death at my very feet, wailing, I wouldn't care.
    If you honestly wouldn't feel anything then I'm sure you are in a very tiny minority at least in the UK anyway. I wouldn't say that there's something wrong with you, whatever that means.

If you criticise those who do have empathy for animals then that may cause problems for you. I think it's important that you understand why the vast majority of us do have empathy for animals. If you don't already understand this then think about why you have empathy for humans and then why we extend this to animals.

ReputationRep:
    I like animals to an extend, I find them cute, I feel happy when I'm playing with a dog and although cats annoy the hell out of me I don't ever believe in hurting any animal...

...but I have always bloody hated it when people claim animals are better than humans. like go **** yourself, since when are they better? sure they might not discriminate and there might be some *****y humans out there but humans do way more for the world than animals do. When animals start building rockets, finding cures, throwing charities and learn how to become human-doctors only then will I believe the claim that they are better than humans. Until then, **** off anyone who says they are better!

ReputationRep:
    Apes.
    Together.
    Strong.

ReputationRep:
    I hate to see animals suffering, I would always try to help an animal in pain whether that be tending to it or putting it down.

Although leading on from that I am not opposed to hunting.

ReputationRep:

You sound like a lovely, warm-hearted, caring and decent human being.

I'm gutted you are not one of my friends.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drez999)
    You sound like a lovely, warm-hearted, caring and decent human being.

I'm gutted you are not one of my friends.
    Unneeded sarcasm. Sorry that I don't love animals like you.

ReputationRep:
    Unneeded sarcasm. Sorry that I don't love animals like you.
    I didn't say I did.

Don't pre-judge, it's not pretty.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Notnek)
    If you honestly wouldn't feel anything then I'm sure you are in a very tiny minority at least in the UK anyway. I wouldn't say that there's something wrong with you, whatever that means.

If you criticise those who do have empathy for animals then that may cause problems for you. I think it's important that you understand why the vast majority of us do have empathy for animals. If you don't already understand this then think about why you have empathy for humans and then why we extend this to animals.
    Not to be rude but statistics? Good points though.

ReputationRep:
    I hate trolls like this ****ging off animals all the time just because they are clueless about them and aren't fond of them. If you don't like animals then there's no need for you to talk badly of them. Just leave them be.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't say I did.

Don't pre-judge, it's not pretty.
    Don't care, sarcasm unneeded.

ReputationRep:
    Don't care, sarcasm unneeded.
    I would still like to be friends with you as you sound like such a decent and lovely person.

PM me if you would like to meet up.

Maybe we can go for a drink and a meal after maybe a visit to a Zoo?

ReputationRep:
    I would still like to be friends with you as you sound like such a decent and lovely person.

PM me if you would like to meet up.

Maybe we can go for a drink and a meal after maybe a visit to a Zoo?
    Thanks the offer mate but I'm alright, already got plenty of friends in real life.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Not to be rude but statistics?
    I don't have any but I'm confident that if you collected statistics using the question

"If a dog or cat was bleeding to death at your feet, would you care?"

then a very large percentage would say yes.

Why not add a poll to this thread to find out?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.