Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Worst summer yet.. Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    My Summer has just began and I have no plans, next to no friends and just not much motivation due to my sleepy, boring town. Would love to hear any suggestions about what I should to, bare in mind I haven't got much money, or enlighten me with what you're getting up to xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucymaew)
    My Summer has just began and I have no plans, next to no friends and just not much motivation due to my sleepy, boring town. Would love to hear any suggestions about what I should to, bare in mind I haven't got much money, or enlighten me with what you're getting up to xx
    go gym and make friends there, is especially easy if youre new you can just ask people how the machines work

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by addingishard)
    go gym and make friends there, is especially easy if youre new you can just ask people how the machines work
    I would but the gym in my town is full of old, super muscular men and no one from my school goes there but thank you

ReputationRep:
    Go visit your friends. Start a good TV series. Watch some good movies. Get a part-time job. Start gaming. Start drawing. Start writing a diary. Get a head start for next years work. Go hiking. Explore your town. Explore an abandoned building with friends.

ReputationRep:
    Ok I'll tell you what to do but first make sure you possess a loose chair and a noose

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucymaew)
    Find a summer job popular for students such as Sainsburys or join a boxing club there is a great mix of genders and ages.

ReputationRep:
    Start learning a language, musical instrument. Read books. Go exploring (don't need friends for this), spend time with the family, go jogging etc.
    You said you've got next to no friends, that's still some friends - go for a picnic. Have a drive somewhere, national trust places etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crux_)
    Ok I'll tell you what to do but first make sure you possess a loose chair and a noose
    I'm listening

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.