Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Made a fake account to follow him on insta and I'n crushed Watch

Announcements

This is gonna be a bit long winded so bear with me. Basically me and this guy were never officially 'a thing' but everyone always assumed we were dating and I was literally in love with him and I'm pretty sure he had feelings for me although he never really admitted it.

We went to high school together and in Year 13 a new girl who fancied him (and who was much braver than me) started hanging around/flirting with him. Long story short, I got jealous and *****y and pushed him away. They ended up dating and I still see her around as we are still both living in our home cities.

The last time I saw the guy was 2 years ago when were 18 but I'm still reminded of him or just randomly think about him. I know whatever we had is dead and buried but I made a fake account on insta and followed him and honestly I'm so crushed. All of the feelings I had for him came flooding back and the fact that he looks so happy living away at uni whereas I've just regressed ugh. Now I'm sitting here wondering if he still thinks about me or even cares for me. I just feel so *****y. I'm struggling to move on 2 years later

He doesn't care about you

(Original post by Anonymous)
    He doesn't care about you
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Chalk it down to experience. Why not meet other guys to take your mind off him? 2 years is awfully long.

ReputationRep:
    Stop thinking about it, if you wanna do something about, it do it.

Otherwise don't get yourself worked up, because it's up to you how you tackle this situation.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    There's plenty of fish in the sea. Go out and talk to more guys, you'll find someone that makes you happy and you'll forget all this

(Original post by UWS)
    Chalk it down to experience. Why not meet other guys to take your mind off him? 2 years is awfully long.
    I end up comparing them to him but at the same time I feel so pathetic. I'm always constantly reminded about him from mutual friends or just seeing his girlfriend (idk if they're still dating) around. It just reminds me of all the good times we had

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it sucks. It sucks hard - speaking from personal experience. But once you start talking to other people you actually do like - you'll feel better and less lonely.

ReputationRep:
    UWS is right, move on, start seeing other guys, that's the only way to move on and delete your fake acc., they will drag you down. Bear in mind, he doesn't think about you, he is busy with lots of other things and so should be you.

Why did you make a fake account if you want him to notice you wouldn't it make more sense to follow him from your personal account?

ReputationRep:
    If you really want him to notice you why don't you follow him from your personal so it makes him think oh I remember her

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    This is gonna be a bit long winded so bear with me. Basically me and this guy were never officially 'a thing' but everyone always assumed we were dating and I was literally in love with him and I'm pretty sure he had feelings for me although he never really admitted it.

We went to high school together and in Year 13 a new girl who fancied him (and who was much braver than me) started hanging around/flirting with him. Long story short, I got jealous and *****y and pushed him away. They ended up dating and I still see her around as we are still both living in our home cities.

The last time I saw the guy was 2 years ago when were 18 but I'm still reminded of him or just randomly think about him. I know whatever we had is dead and buried but I made a fake account on insta and followed him and honestly I'm so crushed. All of the feelings I had for him came flooding back and the fact that he looks so happy living away at uni whereas I've just regressed ugh. Now I'm sitting here wondering if he still thinks about me or even cares for me. I just feel so *****y. I'm struggling to move on 2 years later
    If he moved on that means you should too but you made a fake Insta TO STALK HIM?
    THAT IS SERIOUSLY CREEPY, THAT'S CREEPY AF

ReputationRep:
    Okay, I feel u being in that situation Bc I can totally relate. Im also the same age as you and honestly you're just too young to be hung over a particular person who hasn't really tried contacting you over the course of two years. It really does seem like he has moved on and it's about time you should too. It's easier said than done but you have to stop following him etc Bc it's just a never ending cycle and that way you'll never get over him. Gl

This sounds like an unhealthy infatuation. Not to offend you or anything but I think the best thing to do is to forget him. Two years is an awfully long time to pine after someone. Idk get tinder or something, 🤷*♀️

ReputationRep:
    This sounds like an unhealthy infatuation. Not to offend you or anything but I think the best thing to do is to forget him. Two years is an awfully long time to pine after someone. Try finding someone else? It doesn't even have to be a romantic partner, just a good friend would do to help you forget him. Idk🤷*♀️

ReputationRep:
    wtf?

Lol it's not that deep. Right now you have tunnel vision and think he's the only guy in the world. Just move and talk to other guys, no point stressing over something you can't control

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 27, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.