Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've got an unconditional offer from Reading to study BA Spanish this September.
    Can anyone that has studied languages at Reading tell me how its like? (facilities, teaching, modules, graduate prospects, year abroad etc)
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ep122)
    I've got an unconditional offer from Reading to study BA Spanish this September.
    Can anyone that has studied languages at Reading tell me how its like? (facilities, teaching, modules, graduate prospects, year abroad etc)
    Hello

Congratulations on the unconditional offer! That's great news!

I didn't study languages, but I do know some other student ambassadors who studied French and they all really enjoyed their courses. One is actually teaching English in a french school in Paris as a graduate (she also studied a year abroad in France and found it such a beneficial experience to improve her language and be immersed in the culture of a different country).

In terms of the department and the more specifics of the teaching, you would be better off contacting the department or taking a closer look at the website: https://www.reading.ac.uk/modern-lan...shstudies.aspx

I know Reading was one of the first universities to offer the study abroad programme, more information can be seen here: http://www.reading.ac.uk/modern-lang...earabroad.aspx

You will be taught in the HUMSS building which is in the centre of campus, and has plenty of classrooms and lecture theatres.

Hope this helps you, but if you have anymore questions feel free to ask.

Alice
    Food Science Placement Student

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.