Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    black space mate

ReputationRep:
    In terms of university courses, there's a lot of overlap between CS and SE. However, in general, SE should look at paradigms, best practice and theory, searching, sorting etc. On the other hand, CS should look at more deep theory, Operating Systems, networking, HCI, databases.

Most of what you study will depend on the course at whichever university you end up going to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joe1000000)
    In terms of university courses, there's a lot of overlap between CS and SE. However, in general, SE should look at paradigms, best practice and theory, searching, sorting etc. On the other hand, CS should look at more deep theory, Operating Systems, networking, HCI, databases.

Most of what you study will depend on the course at whichever university you end up going to.
    Thanks for the answer, I have updated the OP with a lot of new info so please hold on till the moderators approve the changes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kronozfx)
    Thanks for the answer, I have updated the OP with a lot of new info so please hold on till the moderators approve the changes
    Sure, let me know when they approve it so I can check

ReputationRep:
    Meanwhile, the OP gets approved.. Some quetions.
    Is the name of the university so important on a Software Engineering or Computing degree a Good grade degree from a bad uni is useless in this field?
    Does anyone know about computing at Roehamptom?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kronozfx)
    Meanwhile, the OP gets approved.. Some quetions.
    Is the name of the university so important on a Software Engineering or Computing degree a Good grade degree from a bad uni is useless in this field?
    Does anyone know about computing at Roehamptom?
    I think University is irrelevant tbh for the most part, just pick a uni that has course content you will enjoy and do a placement year, as long as you get really good first year results to get a placement position and an overall 2:1 then becoming employable shouldnt be an issue.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loooopppyyy)
    I think University is irrelevant tbh for the most part, just pick a uni that has course content you will enjoy and do a placement year, as long as you get really good first year results to get a placement position and an overall 2:1 then becoming employable shouldnt be an issue.
    Thanks, for the answer. I understand it but to have a wider view of this, do you know some uni that are at same level or a bit better in London?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joe1000000)
    Sure, let me know when they approve it so I can check
    Approved

ReputationRep:
    So firstly, how old are you? I'm asking because I don't know anything about the Italian education system, and how the courses that you have done equate to A Levels and UCAS points.

The universities that you've listed are mid to low tier institutions according to the league tables I've just checked, so they're likely to have fairly low entry requirements. When would you be looking to start university?

Looking at the courses, there is a lot of similarities. If you look at 70% of universities they're going to have very similar module titles. The difference is in the course content, the facilities, and the quality of teaching.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.