You kill me omg
    (Original post by serah.exe)
    LOOOL you're gonna kill me one day ffssss :rofl: :devil::toofunny:
    :rofl::rofl: LOL I got my girls dw dw

ReputationRep:
    BAE but it's missing u

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ANM775)
    When I come on TSR I legit feel like I'm watching that US TV show "The Bachelorette" with the amount of dude's fighting to court her :dogt:
    They can't even fight properly with a proper duel either, they just ignored it completely :facepalm:

Definitely @_princessxox

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sleepinglions)
    You're legit my biggest fan :lol:

love it & love uuuuuuu x
    And where are my fans

P.S. Who repped you for this
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ironandbeer2)
    And where are my fans

I'll be your fan!

Think it was me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ironandbeer2)
    And where are my fans

You don't deserve any

It was indeed Jack!
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    You don't deserve any

It was indeed Jack!
    Thought it was! How are you anyway? :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jack22031994)
    Thought it was! How are you anyway? :hugs:
    I'm good thanks Jack!! How are you??
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I'm good thanks Jack!! How are you??
    Thats good! :woo: I'm glad - Im doing alright thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CuriousSherlock)
    You made me almost half-murderous at you yesterday, and I know your identity, so for you, probably not.

The cipher is not what it seems though It only gives half the answer, so not worth it for you as you don't seem to be one who can easily solve that either.
    (Original post by Count Bezukhov)
    I thought it was quite a creative way of giving people a chance to earn your number Was quite fun solving it as well, although it would have been a lot harder if you hadn't told us that every 5 cipher text equalled 1 letter (hint hint for the next one, also you're on anon again! )

tbh, I too saw the cipher last week when I went to PM sherlock about that dating site beautifulpeople. I know absolutely nothing about ciphers btw but was intrigued when I saw a challenge. I went to google and started googling online decrypters but after failing soon got the impression that it wasn't going to be as easy as that and that it would require more expertise after nothing was working. After not too long I stopped as I'm not really on TSR to try and date anyone and I was getting bored. Not knowing anything about ciphers I genuinely wondered how realistically this one could be broken .......but then noticed a couple of you had broken it, so this tells me it was possible. Also it seems like it could be done in like 10/15 minutes or perhaps a bit more.

There is more than one way to skin a cat ..., so thinking outside the box .. if I had my heart set on breaking it all I would have to do is go to a place like peopleperhour.com , post the job there for like £15 [which should cover the time spent working it out], screen the people offering to do the job by getting them on some instant chat programme and asking them questions about ciphers to ascertain their competence and note how long it takes them to answer [if they try and google it, i will be aware because it will take them too long]. Also ask them how much jobs they had done for other people on the site and perhaps DM those people to get feedback on their work. If everything checks out, pay them upfront [or perhaps on completion], also I would ask them to scan me over the workings out as well, as it is clear other people who completed it were writing stuff down on pieces of paper. Then text sherlock and claim I had worked it out and if she wanted proof I would have been able to provide it, and she would have been none the wiser over it.

Anon was clearly not thinking straight when he asked Count in plain sight to provide the number for a fee. 1: it was in plain sight. 2: more than likely he would say no and alert sherlock over it even if asked over PM in private as the other guy is technically his rival.

You will have to come up with something harder next time sherlock , because I could have bypassed it y'know ...and I ain't no bright spark intellectually. I just have the depth of mind to be able to focus on the end result and come up with ways to get there that perhaps others do not readily see...

which brings me onto the phone number thing. it is a minor guys, men these days get so over focused on girls phone numbers. It's a line of communication, that's it. You can't have coitus with a phone number. You can't make out with a phone number. Is your end goal to have coitus with a phone number? if it's not then you shouldn't place much emphasis on it, both of you have at least one line of communication open with her ..and when you strip everything down that's all that matters right now..

I still remember these two short guys I saw in a club one time start high fiving each other because after much effort they got these two pretty girls numbers about an hour after the club had been open. The girls eventually went onto make make out with at least 3 different guys that night.....
    Focusing on numbers tends to get you just that, numbers.........

focus on something else.......
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    tbh, I too saw the cipher last week when I went to PM sherlock about that dating site beautifulpeople. I know absolutely nothing about ciphers btw but was intrigued when I saw a challenge. I went to google and started googling online decrypters but after failing soon got the impression that it wasn't going to be as easy as that and that it would require more expertise after nothing was working. After not too long I stopped as I'm not really on TSR to try and date anyone and I was getting bored. Not knowing anything about ciphers I genuinely wondered how realistically this one could be broken .......but then noticed a couple of you had broken it, so this tells me it was possible. Also it seems like it could be done in like 10/15 minutes or perhaps a bit more.

There is more than one way to skin a cat ..., so thinking outside the box .. if I had my heart set on breaking it all I would have to do is go to a place like peopleperhour.com , post the job there for like £15 [which should cover the time spent working it out], screen the people offering to do the job by getting them on some instant chat programme and asking them questions about ciphers to ascertain their competence and note how long it takes them to answer [if they try and google it, i will be aware because it will take them too long]. Also ask them how much jobs they had done for other people on the site and perhaps DM those people to get feedback on their work. If everything checks out, pay them upfront [or perhaps on completion], also I would ask them to scan me over the workings out as well, as it is clear other people who completed it were writing stuff down on pieces of paper. Then text sherlock and claim I had worked it out and if she wanted proof I would have been able to provide it, and she would have been none the wiser over it.

Anon was clearly not thinking straight when he asked Count in plain sight to provide the number for a fee. 1: it was in plain sight. 2: more than likely he would say no and alert sherlock over it even if asked over PM in private as the other guy is technically his rival.

You will have to come up with something harder next time sherlock , because I could have bypassed it y'know ...and I ain't no bright spark intellectually. I just have the depth of mind to be able to focus on the end result and come up with ways to get there that perhaps others do not readily see...

which brings me onto the phone number thing. it is a minor guys, men these days get so over focused on girls phone numbers. It's a line of communication, that's it. You can't have coitus with a phone number. You can't make out with a phone number. Is your end goal to have coitus with a phone number? if it's not then you shouldn't place much emphasis on it, both of you have at least one line of communication open with her ..and when you strip everything down that's all that matters right now..

I still remember these two short guys I saw in a club one time start high fiving each other because after much effort they got these two pretty girls numbers about an hour after the club had been open. The girls eventually went onto make make out with at least 3 different guys that night.....

wut

(Original post by AndrewSCO)
    wut
    LOL

ReputationRep:
    It's crazy that people have forum crushes what the darn?

ReputationRep:

I know nothing about ciphers either, but you can honestly solve it with common sense (but again, I'm not going to post it here without her permission). The message at the end is a bit harder because it involves trial and error, but you can work out the first part without any trial and error at all and just by thinking creatively.

I already had her phone number before doing the cipher; she wondered whether or not I could do it, and it looked fun, so I thought I'd have a go. I didn't refuse to give him her number because he's a 'rival', I refused because I'm a decent human being and don't want to give her number to a complete stranger who is hiding behind anon. Even then the message doesn't even provide the full number so it's of little worth anyway, but on principle I wouldn't share without her saying it's okay.

I really wouldn't pay too much attention to what I post publicly, anyway. Much of it is overdramatised for comedic effect.

ReputationRep:
    I know nothing about ciphers either, but you can honestly solve it with common sense (but again, I'm not going to post it here without her permission). The message at the end is a bit harder because it involves trial and error, but you can work out the first part without any trial and error at all and just by thinking creatively.

I already had her phone number before doing the cipher; she wondered whether or not I could do it, and it looked fun, so I thought I'd have a go. I didn't refuse to give him her number because he's a 'rival', I refused because I'm a decent human being and don't want to give her number to a complete stranger who is hiding behind anon. Even then the message doesn't even provide the full number so it's of little worth anyway, but on principle I wouldn't share without her saying it's okay.

I really wouldn't pay too much attention to what I post publicly, anyway. Much of it is overdramatised for comedic effect.

the msg doesn't provide the full number?!

that's kind of deceptive lol.

I swear to god, 1% of these replies are actually answering the question to this thread. The other 99% is just conversations haha.

ReputationRep:
    the msg doesn't provide the full number?!

that's kind of deceptive lol.
    No lol, do you think she's an idiot? :rofl:

She doesn't want a bunch of thirsty teens sending her creepy text messages, so some of the numbers are omitted. She literally says that in the post you quoted above...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ellie2143)
    It's crazy that people have forum crushes what the darn?
    Shut it Smellie

ReputationRep:
    No lol, do you think she's an idiot? :rofl:

She doesn't want a bunch of thirsty teens sending her creepy text messages, so some of the numbers are omitted. She literally says that in the post you quoted above...

lol, you're right...

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 6, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.