The Student Room Group

Do you brush your teeth before of after breakfast?

Scroll to see replies

Thank goodness! Someone else thinks like me omg
Before
But then your food tastes like sh*t if you brush before, especially if you drink orange juice 😫
Reply 23
Original post by loveleest
Because you are getting rid of all the bad bacteria by brushing before eating.

And then you're left with bits of food stuck in your teeth afterwards and your breath will smell of whatever you just ate... An issue if you eat eggs. If you're gonna do it before, at least do it after as well, I couldn't leave the house for work after eating a meal and not brushing my teeth.
Original post by EdexcelK
Both if im going out straight after

Too much.
After

Why would you brush before breakfast??? :dontknow: Surely your breakfast would taste all minty and thats not a pleasant experience :rolleyes:
Original post by UWS
And then you're left with bits of food stuck in your teeth afterwards and your breath will smell of whatever you just ate... An issue if you eat eggs. If you're gonna do it before, at least do it after as well, I couldn't leave the house for work after eating a meal and not brushing my teeth.

hmm maybe true. I carry mints whever I go. Plus I don't eat breakfast so I never go through this issue :smile:
Before. They feel all yucky when i wake up so i brush then eat.
Dunno how people can eat without cleaning their teeth :puke:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Both times aint no one coming up to me and lowkey offering me gum bc my breath stinks
Original post by IKEAPanda37
After

Why would you brush before breakfast??? :dontknow: Surely your breakfast would taste all minty and thats not a pleasant experience :rolleyes:

I feel cleaner when I do it before rather than after
Reply 30
ITT: People with smelly breath
Original post by UWS
ITT: People with smelly breath

Lool I use mouthwash and mints fam, ain't no one with smelly breath here
Reply 32
Original post by Boredom101
ain't no one with smelly breath here

So there are people with smelly breath then :u:
Original post by UWS
So there are people with smelly breath then :u:

You can stick to your morning breath, thats fine with me :smile:
Original post by Dominoes
Before after seems more logical but before

I agree
Usually after, but if I feel my mouth is very not fresh or I have a bad taste I'd brush before though my food will be tasty. I use natural neutral paste so it doesn't make everything have the same taste...
Brushing too soon after eating them can damage the enamel in its weakened state. Consequently, it's a good idea to brush your teeth before eating an acidic food and to drink a glass of water when you are finished to wash away the acids.

http://www.colgate.com/en/us/oc/oral-health/basics/brushing-and-flossing/article/is-brushing-teeth-after-eating-good-for-you-0313
Reply 37
before, and the food argument doesn't make sense cause you don't brush your teeth after every meal
after but I wait because apparently the acids in food weakens your enamel slightly and if you brush straight after you can actually damage your enamel? not sure if that's true but I don't understand why you would brush before because your breath would smell of bananas first thing in the morning!
Original post by bobwibbles
Brushing too soon after eating them can damage the enamel in its weakened state. Consequently, it's a good idea to brush your teeth before eating an acidic food and to drink a glass of water when you are finished to wash away the acids.

http://www.colgate.com/en/us/oc/oral-health/basics/brushing-and-flossing/article/is-brushing-teeth-after-eating-good-for-you-0313

Yess, hit em with the facts

Quick Reply

Latest