Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

how to improve at spanish?? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I currently have done about 1and a 1/2- 2months of memerise 15mins (normally more) a day. I think this is improving my vocab a lot

but my sentence structure is frankly appalling in spanish i just have so many errors smh, w everything verbs, gender endings, articles the lot.
    but didnt have this issue last year when it was more basic....

recommendations (apps + websites would be helpful but this isnt a limitation.)

thanks y'all (((:

ReputationRep:
    1. get yourself a grammar book, i recommend the one by john butt, learn all of the grammar from it and break down the examples so you can understand

2. make some spanish friends online, there are lots of learner dedicated discord servers and stuff, join online spanish communities and you'll build up your vocabulary and will start being able to recognise and use more advanced stuff and actually practice speaking to natives

3. start reading spanish literature, i recommend cervantes, even if it means looking up every single word on a page in the dictionary, you'll start to pick up different forms + tenses + vocabulary really quickly since a lot of it is reused

4. watch some spanish films with english subtitles in order to improve your listening skills --- there are lots of free ones on youtube if you look up spanish films with english subs

good luck with your spanish learning !!!!! feel free to message me if you need any help !!!
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Eat more burritos

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shameful_burrito)
    Eat more burritos
    Eating little donkeys...animal cruelty!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miniminx3310)
    I currently have done about 1and a 1/2- 2months of memerise 15mins (normally more) a day. I think this is improving my vocab a lot

but my sentence structure is frankly appalling in spanish i just have so many errors smh, w everything verbs, gender endings, articles the lot.
    but didnt have this issue last year when it was more basic....

recommendations (apps + websites would be helpful but this isnt a limitation.)

thanks y'all (((:
    okay so your problems are stemming from the grammatical side of things.

this year (yr 13) my college gave this book called Practice Makes Perfect (complete spanish grammar) it has literally every aspect of grammar down to a T with thousands of practice questions to help incorporate what you've learnt into your mind. I'd highly recommend it.

I sometimes tried to improve my Spanish by reading spanish articles, although this was more for exam exercises like translations and reading comprehensions although it helped improve grammar too, I used Marca and AS (spanish newspapers) and read football articles in spanish to get a feel for the language in long, detailed text, like I say mainly to help me for my exams but it can boost grammar too.

ReputationRep:
    listen to spanish radio such as Los 40 Principales, they have Spanish and English Music

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.