Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How well does your school do in terms of grades? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    For everyone at secondary school, college or sixth form. What are your schools stats?

If possible, can you also state which area/region in England you are from, doesn't need to be specific

ReputationRep:
    Any answers?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AcadeMia.)
    Any answers?
    Average grade last year was a D. The sixth form has since closed and we were the last year group.

School is based in the South East. Couples of students are at good institutions like Manchester and Durham whilst another mate is going to Lund in Sweden.

ReputationRep:
    last years GCSE grades were 97.7% A*-A
    A level grades were 85.7% A*-A
    1/3 of sixth form get oxbridge offers, the majority of the rest go to other RG unis or prestigious art, drama or music schools
    A lot of girls also go to Harvard, Yale, Princeton, Stanford etc.

My school is in the south east

ReputationRep:
    My school is in Kent. Last year it had the most Oxbridge offers in the country.

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely **** school of mine, highest we had was an A* A and D at A level, absolute joke
    In terms of GCSE 45% get 5A*-C grades

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _princessxox)
    1/3 of sixth form get oxbridge offers, the majority of the rest go to other RG unis or prestigious art, drama or music schools

Wtf, so basically nobody got a B in any GCSE?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CallMeSosa)
    2.3% of grades were a B or less.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SGHD26716)
    2.3% of grades were a B or less.
    Exactly wtf how does a whole school do that well.

ReputationRep:
    Exactly wtf how does a whole school do that well.
    Above average but grammar schools are like that. Unbelievable if comprehensive school though.

ReputationRep:
    It is a band 4 school (in Wales Schools are banded from top band 1 to lowest band 5). At GCSE I can't find A*-C stats but averaging about 20% getting 5A*-A. There seems to be a significant gender gap in my school - I was the top boy at GCSE but beaten by three girls, and the top four or so were all girls the year after that.
    At A-level, meh. We had a few decent sets of grades, but mostly mediocre. No Oxbridge in our cohort (indeed, I was the only one to even get an interview lol), but two in the year before that and one in the year after that. AS was tremendously poor for us, particularly in the sciences and maths (two As in maths AS, a few Cs, and the other 15 or so all below that) but for some reason there was general improvement at A2.

ReputationRep:
    I heard it was one student that got 4 B grades which brought the whole A*- A percentage down, although that's probably just rumours I think she transferred schools bc she was being bullied not bc of her grades

ReputationRep:
    Above average but grammar schools are like that. Unbelievable if comprehensive school though.
    private school

ReputationRep:
    Yh, I go to one of the top 10 grammar school in the country (had the most oxbridge offers in the country) and my school still only got 85% A*-A. I think she goes to some private school because 97% is insane

ReputationRep:
    Ah I was right.

ReputationRep:
    Yh, I go to one of the top 10 grammar school in the country (had the most oxbridge offers in the country) and my school still only got 85% A*-A. I think she goes to some private school because 97% is insane
    She does

ReputationRep:
    If you pay the school that much, a B is pretty unacceptable if you think about it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _princessxox)

My school is in Kent. Last year it had the most Oxbridge offers in the country.
    Does this put more stress on you to perform better

ReputationRep:
    If you pay the school that much, a B is pretty unacceptable if you think about it
    True, it's basically throwing money down the drain. If my parents were paying that much, no way would a B be enough for them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BigMan Ting)
    Average grade last year was a D. The sixth form has since closed and we were the last year group.

School is based in the South East. Couples of students are at good institutions like Manchester and Durham whilst another mate is going to Lund in Sweden.
    (Original post by 13 1 20 8 42)
    It is a band 4 school (in Wales Schools are banded from top band 1 to lowest band 5). At GCSE I can't find A*-C stats but averaging about 20% getting 5A*-A. There seems to be a significant gender gap in my school - I was the top boy at GCSE but beaten by three girls, and the top four or so were all girls the year after that.
    At A-level, meh. We had a few decent sets of grades, but mostly mediocre. No Oxbridge in our cohort (indeed, I was the only one to even get an interview lol), but two in the year before that and one in the year after that. AS was tremendously poor for us, particularly in the sciences and maths (two As in maths AS, a few Cs, and the other 15 or so all below that) but for some reason there was general improvement at A2.
    How would you describe the teaching standards at these schools

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.