Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My uncle died today. Right in front of me. How do I cope? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    As it says in the title. He had a heart attack and dropped dead right in front of me. I called the ambulance and when the paramedics arrived they asked if I'd performed CPR and I felt like a ****, because I have first aid training and just froze. So I just watched him die but I feel like I could've saved him. He was only 50. Goddamn.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kandiman)
    As it says in the title. He had a heart attack and dropped dead right in front of me. I called the ambulance and when the paramedics arrived they asked if I'd performed CPR and I felt like a ****, because I have first aid training and just froze. So I just watched him die but I feel like I could've saved him. He was only 50. Goddamn.
    Very sorry to hear that. Don't blame yourself though, when incidents like this happen sometimes you panick on the spot. May your uncle rest in peace.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry to hear what's happened

t's not your fault. These things can happen to anyone. It was your uncle's time to go so it happened. I would recommend talking about this issue especially with parents as it can lift some of the pressure, if any, you're feeling.

Don't keep any feelings bottled up inside of you. It's the worst thing you can do.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    As terrible as it sounds, there's nothing else that could've been done. I'm really sorry for your loss - I know first hand how dreadful it is to lose a loved one that you were close to thinking that you couldve done something in prevent them from passing. It's something that's still haunts me today, but we'll both get through it one step at a time mate.

May your uncle rest in peace with the angels above.

ReputationRep:
    I'm so sorry to hear about your uncle. May he rest in peace. Words can't truly express how sorry I am that this happened to you. I can't begin to imagine how you're feeling right now. How are your family doing?

Please don't feel alone. His death wasn't your fault, the shock could've happened to anyone. You did the right thing by calling an ambulance .

We all care about you and want to help you through this. I am only a PM away if you ever want to talk about anything. Stay strong for yourself and your family 💪

ReputationRep:
    Don't blame yourself. If he passed away that quickly then a bit of early CPR wouldn't have been much help I'm afraid. Impossible to know how you're going to react in that situation and there are going to be a lot of people who aren't going to be able to think clearly.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to hear that but life has obstacles and you can move forward. If it was me I probably would have done the same and just froze. I can't even remember cpr just pushing into mateys chest.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.