ReputationRep:
    Ronnie O'Sullivan.

(Original post by Lovinlife2)
    Dame Kelly Holmes and Hannah England
    Good stuff! Athletics fan?

ReputationRep:
    Met Jeremy Corbyn in the pub once...

ReputationRep:
    OMG i totally forgot I walked into Dr Christian Jensen from Embarassing bodies while i was on the Bakerloo line once....looks like plenty of us have met our fair share of people

(Original post by Neopol)
    Met Jeremy Corbyn in the pub once...
    Nice! I thought he didnt drink though?
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by markova21)
    Yep. I snogged George Best.
    :adore:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QuentinM)
    ... Nice! I thought he didnt drink though?
    I didn't see him drinking I just saw him there with a few other people. Cue my husband "You bear a remarkable resemblance to Jeremy Corbyn!"

ReputationRep:
    I remember back in the days when I was at uni every girl had a story of getting with Bombhead from Hollyoaks.

ReputationRep:
    Sir Ian Mckellen (Gandalf) came into our school and to talk to us about how it's okay to be gay

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doonesbury)
    :adore:
    LOL.
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    LOL.
    His local (where he got banned just before he died) was close to where I used to live. Such a waste of a talent.

ReputationRep:
    My brother went to school with someone who became a BBC actress (not a huge name though, I don't think). Juno Dawson is an author and came to talk to us at school about her transition from male to female.

ReputationRep:
    Norman Finklestein or Luis Suarez. Got a picture with Norman but was an avid United/football fan at the time so told Suarez to f*** off (in my head), in actuality said he's a great player and shocked to find him in the shithole that is Birmingham.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yesmynameis)
    goals
    Oh and it was whilst he was riding on a Segway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zayn008)
    I’ve met Arsene Wenger, Tony Blair, Gordon Brown, George Osbourne, David Cameron and Boris Johnson, theres a few others but those are the most famous.

I saw the Queen but she only smiled and wave, I don’t even know if it was towards but for the history books I’ll say she did
    I swore at the Queen !! She heard me too. It wasn't malicious or abusive. She was in Manchester to open the new GMEX Centre; [the venue where I first saw my beloved Oasis perform in 1997]. I had queued up for a good few hours and was near the front barricades. She walked past us all, and I was so surprised that she looked exactly just like she did on the TV that as she got to me I said, "Oh s hit". She must have heard me. She looked straight at me and smiled as if to say, "Yes, it's really me". LOL. [ I was very Pro Monarchy in those days, but I was only about 12 or 13 ]. Oh and I shook John and Norma Major's hands. He is quite short I think. I was convinced he was wearing built up shoes to make him appear taller.

ReputationRep:
    I have met Daniel Radcliffe.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rockrunride)
    Ronnie O'Sullivan.

Good stuff! Athletics fan?
    Ah, I don't mind viewing it on telly, but not much of an althetics person myself
    but they had come in to school one day as part of a sports assembly which was really cool!

ReputationRep:
    Stormzy in Thornton Heath. Tizzy at my school. Zaha in South London. David Beckham when I used to go to his academy in North Greenwich.

ReputationRep:
    I swore at the Queen !! She heard me too. It wasn't malicious or abusive. She was in Manchester to open the new GMEX Centre; [the venue where I first saw my beloved Oasis perform in 1997]. I had queued up for a good few hours and was near the front barricades. She walked past us all, and I was so surprised that she looked exactly just like she did on the TV that as she got to me I said, "Oh s hit". She must have heard me. She looked straight at me and smiled as if to say, "Yes, it's really me". LOL. [ I was very Pro Monarchy in those days, but I was only about 12 or 13 ]. Oh and I shook John and Norma Major's hands. He is quite short I think. I was convinced he was wearing built up shoes to make him appear taller.
    Ah ‘97, what a time to be alive (shame I wasn’t), I was gonna say why and how on earth could anyone swear at the queen :laugh: I think the queens been caught off guard a few times herself :teehee:

That’s a brilliant story, I love it! :shock::suith: I also love Oasis it’s a shame that whole britpop genre died out quite fast, at least by time I was old enough to enjoy music properly
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    As an adolescent boy, I auditioned for and joined a choir run by my school head of music teacher as part of a Catholic youth movement. There were 12 of us in the choir. Our choirmaster knew his business and how to network and we gained quite a bit of success, going from local performances to some quite overwhelming experiences including:

Performing Handel's Messiah at Westminster Cathedral for visiting dignitaries;
    Two seasons (twelve weeks) of television appearances being the resident choir for ITV's 'Stars on Sunday' recorded in Leeds;
    Liverpool Cathedral Christmas midnight mass;
    BBC TV Christmas special from the London Olympia horse show where we performed a live broadcast medley of carols in the middle of the arena;
    Visiting Vienna and performing with the Vienna Boys Choir at the Wiener Konzerthaus;
    Performing at St Peters Basilica in the Vatican City.

So we met (and performed with) quite a few high profile celebrities at the time which included Gracie Fields, Jesse Yates (Bob Geldof married his daughter Paula), Val Doonican, Anita Harris, The Bachelors, Moira Anderson, Bob Monkhouse, Beverly Sisters, Harry Secombe and a few others.

High spot was shaking hands with and being blessed by Pope Paul VI.

Other celebrities::

Sat directly facing / opposite and had a conversation with Clement Freud (grandson of Sigmund Freud) on a train Journey from Leeds to London for 2 hours;
    My best friend went to school with and is friends with Harry Hill;
    Went to the same school as Kevin Rowland (Dexys Midnight Runners) and met him at a school reunion for old pupils;
    My ex gf (I am still close friends with) married the son of 60's TV comedian Billy Dainty;
    Shared a first class compartment on a train alone with Cheryl Baker (TV presenter and Bucks Fizz singer) from Tunbridge Wells into London Bridge;
    Ian Hislop again on a commute from TW into London;
    Received my degree from professor Heinz Wolff;
    Literally bumped into Katy Price (aka Jordan) in Brighton - neither of us were looking where we were going;
    Kate Bush tapped me on my shoulder and asked if she could use my seat to get up onto the soundstage after finishing her performance with Peter Gabriel in Earls Court.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, most famous would probably be JME lol

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.