Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Conte Trolls Spurs Watch

Announcements
    • Very Important Poster

Hilarious

"If [Spurs] don't win the title, it's not a tragedy," said Conte.
    "If they don't arrive in the Champions League, it's not a tragedy. If they go out in the first round of the Champions League, it's not a tragedy. If they go out after the first game that they play in the Europa League, it's not a tragedy.
    "Maybe for Chelsea, Arsenal, Manchester City, Manchester United and - I don't know - Liverpool, it is a tragedy. You must understand the status of the team.
    "Every team has to understand what their ambitions are. If their ambitions are to fight for the title or win the Champions League, you must buy expensive players. Otherwise you continue to stay in your level. It's simple."
    "My question is this: What are Tottenham's expectations?"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40736388

ReputationRep:
    They've become Arsenal 2.0, new stadium on the way and debts to pay off. But then again Poch won't go stale like Arsene did. However Chelsea are also investing in Neo Stamford Bridge so will also be tightening up in the future, maybe Conte sees himself jumping ship before another London club squeezes itself?

ReputationRep:
    Obviously Conte is worried about Spurs. Why else talk about them? It's not like he's mentioned Everton for example.

ReputationRep:
    What club goes into a season thinking if they don't win the title it's a "tragedy?"

Perhaps City with the obscenely expensive team and manager they have. Or Arsenal fans believing they have a divine right because it's been 13 years.

Silly berk. We're going to be pony this year because of Wembley anyway, no idea why he's worried.

ReputationRep:
    I not sure the magic season will back again if chelsea fc does not change. Need to inprove more with quality players.
    Spur is always a hard competitor that need to keep eyes on. lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rockrunride)
    What club goes into a season thinking if they don't win the title it's a "tragedy?"

Perhaps City with the obscenely expensive team and manager they have. Or Arsenal fans believing they have a divine right because it's been 13 years.

Silly berk. We're going to be pony this year because of Wembley anyway, no idea why he's worried.
    Real madrid, barcelona, bayern and juventus

ReputationRep:
    I do like Conte winding up Spurs and indirectly, Pochettino, a coach with whom he has got on with fairly well. He never responded this sternly to when Mourinho continually offered subtle jibes on Chelsea last season but he's got a feisty trait in him and it certainly adds hype for when the matches roll around between the two teams.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rockrunride)
    What club goes into a season thinking if they don't win the title it's a "tragedy?".
    I'd expect everyone at our club to have that mentality from Jose Mourinho right down to Doris the tea lady.

I want us to sign players who think that they haven't done their job properly if they fail to win the league. Not taking selfies in the dressing room celebrating 4th, or claiming that losing two finals is a successful season.

Remember Patrice Evra saying that in an interview once, and he was spot on.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 28, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.