Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I have recently completed the BKSB Initial Assessment with shocking results. Although it clearly says (everywhere on the Internet) that you are allowed to use a calculator for this Assessment; I was not allowed to use a calculator. This was not easy for someone who left school over 30 years ago. I have since found out that BKSB gives you a cumulative time to complete both English and Maths Assessments. Therefore the longer you have to take to manually complete the Maths Assessment by working out problems manually the less time you have to complete the English Assessment. Functional Skills should be tested in a manner that is comparative to your present skills. Knowing the process to the same end result is acceptable.
What's the best type of cheese?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.