Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

2 students coming down from Hull Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    My friend (and her friend) is coming down to London from Hull on 9 August for
    three nights to see a musical that she has wanted to see since they first
    announced it, which is on at the coliseum (plus, she has never been to London).
    However, they are both students and are strapped for cash. Bearing that in mind, a couple of friends of mine set up a Justgiving page so we could raise money for
    transport and accommodation. We have raised £420 so far. I have looked at the
    Megabus for her to come, but, as she has got an appointment with London
    Fashion College booked for 3pm, it is either too early or late. I know this is a bit of a strange request, but if forum members could help me out with suggestions for the cheapest hotels (and maybe train travel) for that duration, that would much appreciated.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tommy2k10)
    My friend (and her friend) is coming down to London from Hull on 9 August for
    three nights to see a musical that she has wanted to see since they first
    announced it, which is on at the coliseum (plus, she has never been to London).
    However, they are both students and are strapped for cash. Bearing that in mind, a couple of friends of mine set up a Justgiving page so we could raise money for
    transport and accommodation. We have raised £420 so far. I have looked at the
    Megabus for her to come, but, as she has got an appointment with London
    Fashion College booked for 3pm, it is either too early or late. I know this is a bit of a strange request, but if forum members could help me out with suggestions for the cheapest hotels (and maybe train travel) for that duration, that would much appreciated.
    Trains are going to be expensive because of how soon you need them. It might be cheaper (no idea where in London this is) to stay a few miles out and then get the tube in?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tiger Rag)
    Trains are going to be expensive because of how soon you need them. It might be cheaper (no idea where in London this is) to stay a few miles out and then get the tube in?
    The Coliseum is a couple of minutes walk from Charing Cross Station and St Martin-in-the-fields.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.