Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Whilst at the start of my preparation about a week back I was finding VR and AR very time pressuring, now after doing a mock, I've found I'm struggling to even finish over half of the QR questions?! In terms of the difficulty of questions, I can do them, but why am I taking so long? I did the Practice Mock A on the official website btw, did anyone else struggle to finish it as well?? And does anyone know how the Medify QR questions compare to the actual QR questions? I've consistently managed to complete the Medify QR questions correctly much quicker than the average time, but that's meaningless if those questions are unrealistic.

ReputationRep:
    Medify closely represents the actual exam. AR is the most time pressured, although QR is not far behind. Keep practising and your timings will improve.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iras)
    Whilst at the start of my preparation about a week back I was finding VR and AR very time pressuring, now after doing a mock, I've found I'm struggling to even finish over half of the QR questions?! In terms of the difficulty of questions, I can do them, but why am I taking so long? I did the Practice Mock A on the official website btw, did anyone else struggle to finish it as well?? And does anyone know how the Medify QR questions compare to the actual QR questions? I've consistently managed to complete the Medify QR questions correctly much quicker than the average time, but that's meaningless if those questions are unrealistic.
    Hi there!

As the poster above has said, more practice will help to improve your timings! We've recently published a blog on How to Manage Your UKCAT Timing, which might help.

Otherwise, we have plenty of tips for QR and VR below:
    - UKCAT Verbal Reasoning Tips
    - UKCAT Quantitative Reasoning Tips

And you can also use our free UKCAT Question Bank too, which has thousands of questions and detailed performance tracking so you can measure your progress!

Hope this helps!
    The Medic Portal

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iras)
    From experience, abstract reasoning

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.