The Student Room Group

Weird waist to hip ratio

I had too much time on my hands the other day and decided to measure my waist to hip ratio.
Waist: 24 inches
Hips: 43 inches
Ratio: 0.56

Idk what this means :/ I know my hips are extremely wide compared to my waist for some reason. I weigh 51kg, so I'm not fat. Can someone explain?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yeah I'm a girl, but they seem unusually wide compared to my waist :/ I don't think I've ever known a girl of a healthy weight with 43inch hips
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 2
This is what google is telling me :/ :lol:
IMG_5051.PNG
Reply 3
Here's another one

Spoiler

Original post by LadyLoony
I had too much time on my hands the other day and decided to measure my waist to hip ratio.
Waist: 24 inches
Hips: 43 inches
Ratio: 0.56

Idk what this means :/ I know my hips are extremely wide compared to my waist for some reason. I weigh 51kg, so I'm not fat. Can someone explain?

Just means you got wide hips, considering that your not overweight it is mostly down to genetics. It shouldn't be a problem depending on your height.

Your luckier than other women since wide hips are seen as an attractive trait in women. I'm a guy with a good shoulder to waist ratio (male equivalent) and I consider myself lucky since most guys have narrower shoulders.

Judging by the guidance picture posted your just curvy (which is a good thing) :wink:.
Be happy with yourself.
Original post by Anonymous
Just means you got wide hips, considering that your not overweight it is mostly down to genetics. It shouldn't be a problem depending on your height.

Your luckier than other women since wide hips are seen as an attractive trait in women. I'm a guy with a good shoulder to waist ratio (male equivalent) and I consider myself lucky since most guys have narrower shoulders.

Judging by the guidance picture posted your just curvy (which is a good thing) :wink:.
Be happy with yourself.

Forgot to mention your ethnicity will also play a factor, e.g. latins are more curvaceous than caucasians (in general).
Lol, you know that's not weird. Stop with the validation seeking.
lol tsr is filled with so many attention seekers its ridiculous.
Just admit you want to brag about your proportions and keep it moving.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by LadyLoony
This is what google is telling me :/ :lol:
IMG_5051.PNG

You have good proportions, with a nice round big ass. 0.60 would be ideal imo.
Reply 9
Original post by loveleest
lol tsr is filled with so many attention seekerd its ridiculous.

Would you say on here what your ratio is?
Reply 10
Original post by Nirvana1989-1994
Lol, you know that's not weird. Stop with the validation seeking.

Original post by loveleest
lol tsr is filled with so many attention seekerd its ridiculous.

Lmao I really wasn't seeking validation, because my numbers seemed really odd, comparing it to the average or even what's considered "ideal". I was confused and curious. If anything, I dislike how disproportionate they are. Get a ****ing grip
So your waist is super slim and feminine, and your hips are really round and juicy...is that basically what you wanted to tell us? Lucky you. Unlucky for us to have another dumb "help me, I'm too sexy to be normal" thread.
Good for you OP(totally not being sarcastic - your body isn't weird). :smile:
If you wanted research/data on what society apparently considers "ideal" :

"He discovered that all winners of the "Miss America contests" from 1920 until the 1980`s had a WHR between 0.72 and 0.69. He also found that playboy's models WHR was between 0.71 and 0.68. For decades the ideal waist-to-hip ratio was consistently 0.7, despite the changing body weight of these models".

However, I personally think that as long as you're healthy (not at risk of coronary heart disease or diabetes because of the ratio), then you shouldn't really worry about it. :smile: Don't think of yourself as weird, everyone's 'ideal' is subjective, be at inner-peace with your body!
Original post by CuriousSherlock
If you wanted research/data on what society apparently considers "ideal" :

"He discovered that all winners of the "Miss America contests" from 1920 until the 1980`s had a WHR between 0.72 and 0.69. He also found that playboy's models WHR was between 0.71 and 0.68. For decades the ideal waist-to-hip ratio was consistently 0.7, despite the changing body weight of these models".

However, I personally think that as long as you're healthy (not at risk of coronary heart disease or diabetes because of the ratio), then you shouldn't really worry about it. :smile: Don't think of yourself as weird, everyone's 'ideal' is subjective, be at inner-peace with your body!

Was just about to say this haha. Psychology revision coming back to haunt me. I'm very thin so have a pretty poor ratio (can't remember exactly) but I still think I look good (not trying to be *that* person but I'm happy with how I look) so waist:hip ratio doesn't matter much as it's down to personal preference.
This is such a waist of time

Spoiler

0.50 tho :rofl:
Reply 17
Original post by JordLndr
This is such a waist of time

Spoiler

HIPster comment
Reply 18
Odds on its a non-cancerous tumour in her arse?
PRSOM 😂😂

Quick Reply

Latest