Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My boyfriend doesn't invite me over Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    We are both 18 and have been together almost 2 years and we both live with our parents. He comes over to mine multiple times a week but I've only ever been to his 3 times when his parents are away. I tell him it's awkward that he's met my parents and is comfortable in my house when I've never met his and feel like I'm not welcome. He tells me there is nothing to do at his house otherwise he would invite me. I am uncertain as to how to handle the situation as we have already discussed this and he's seemingly ignored my concerns.

ReputationRep:
    May not enjoy his home environment and is not telling you about it?
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SarahLewis188)
    We are both 18 and have been together almost 2 years and we both live with our parents. He comes over to mine multiple times a week but I've only ever been to his 3 times when his parents are away. I tell him it's awkward that he's met my parents and is comfortable in my house when I've never met his and feel like I'm not welcome. He tells me there is nothing to do at his house otherwise he would invite me. I am uncertain as to how to handle the situation as we have already discussed this and he's seemingly ignored my concerns.
    Could be anything from, feels embarrassed about his home? Doesnt feel comfortable there?

the only way to know is to ask him really

ReputationRep:
    Do his parents know about you? It seems unusual that you've only been to his when parents weren't there ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Muttley79)
    Do his parents know about you? It seems unusual that you've only been to his when parents weren't there ...
    Yeah, he talks about me when he's on the phone to them and calls me his girlfriend Sarah.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, he talks about me when he's on the phone to them and calls me his girlfriend Sarah.
    Perhaps he is just more comfortable at yours?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 27, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.