Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My boyfriend takes drugs and it's killing me Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daniellelb3467)
    The festival is two weeks away, I want to have fun with him and my friends but my anxiety is so bad and I constantly think about him dying. Am I being irrational ?? I don't want to break up with him because I know he will only go harder. He's the love of my life.

Please be as honest as possible, I need help! Thankyou
    While you're right to be concerned it is a little irrational if you're constantly worrying about him dying, in all honesty he's more likely to die on the way to the festival than from his drug use while there.

ReputationRep:
    It is a difficult situation and you have my sympathy.

You are not going to get him to change his behaviour in any meaningful way, so when you go to the festival he will no doubt be getting wasted. If he can moderate his intake then that is a good sign.

The choice is yours essentially, do you want to be with someone who will always take drugs or is it time to move on?

it wont just be killing you. it'll be killing everyone hes close to. friends, family; everyone.
    u gotta be strong. tell him its you or the drugs.

thats what i'd do anyways

ReputationRep:
    If you knew he was on drugs before you got together with him then you made a choice, as someone who clearly doesn't like drugs, to get with a guy who takes drugs. That seems a whole lot more like your issue than his, to be honest.

If you didn't know that he was doing it until it was too late then that's a bit different. At the end of the day you have to love someone for what they are. He is what he is, if he doesn't want to change then you need to accept that and decide which direction to go in from there.

ReputationRep:
    What festival is it boomtown? Does he take ketamine tbh honest there is nothing you can do about it other than not nag him and try to be there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by бaрeбу́х)
    While you're right to be concerned it is a little irrational if you're constantly worrying about him dying, in all honesty he's more likely to die on the way to the festival than from his drug use while there.
    Please tell me you're not being serious (at least for your own safety)!! A 4 day bender of multiple drugs is less dangerous than a car or train journey?! Right okay moving on...

OP does he understand the link between your brother and his own drug use?? If he does and is ignoring it he is being incredibly selfish. Leaving him will probably cause him to spiral even further (possibly returning to how he was before you got together). I'd recommend he seeks help from a counsellor or goes to see his GP neither of whom will judge and he won't get into any trouble. They could help sort out both his clear psychological dependence on party drugs and his physical addiction to coke, as well as his depression (which you mentioned) and if you saw a counsellor together it could make your relationship healthier. Maybe seeing one on your own could also help any unresolved grief that this dilemma is bringing up??

ReputationRep:
    talktofrank.com

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 27, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.