Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

UK-EU Free Movement to end by March 2019 Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by barnetlad)
    I get the impression that the Northern Ireland border is about the only thing both the EU and UK can agree on easily.
    The consensus seems to be to keep it open but we won't really see an end to freedom of movement when we've got a massive backdoor.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by бaребу́х)
    Far too much of this i'm alright Jack attitude about.
    I voted remain, can't blame me.

ReputationRep:
    Better get my EU road trip out of the way sooner than later

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SCIENCE :D)
    Corbyn wants to leave the single market. There has already been a vote on it in the commons, most Labour MPs voted to leave. A minority block of Labour Mps lead by Chuka Umunna wanted to remain. Vast majority of commons voted to leave though, Tory and Labour.
    It is not that clear cut - they voted what the referendum suggested they should vote - leave the EU. Leaving the single market is not equivalent (though of course many Brexiters would think so, but not all, is the point).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yudothis)
    It is not that clear cut - they voted what the referendum suggested they should vote - leave the EU. Leaving the single market is not equivalent (though of course many Brexiters would think so, but not all, is the point).
    I'm pretty sure it was a vote on the single market.

https://www.politicshome.com/news/eu...fter-49-labour

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SCIENCE :D)
    I'm pretty sure it was a vote on the single market.

https://www.politicshome.com/news/eu...fter-49-labour
    I see. I thought we were talking about the vote for Brexit alone.

In that case you are right. And that's terrible, lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yudothis)
    I see. I thought we were talking about the vote for Brexit alone.

In that case you are right. And that's terrible, lol.
    Haha no worries.

Yeah I think it's pretty clear that we will be leaving the single market now

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.