The Student Room Group

YouTube revision series

I'm thinking of starting a YouTube revision series for GCSE and A-Level English Literature and Language. Is this something people would be interested in? If so, is there any specific area people would want to be covered first?

For context, I'm doing this because I plan to become an English teacher, and am looking for a project to boost my experience. I study English Literature at the University of Birmingham.
Original post by esralled
I'm thinking of starting a YouTube revision series for GCSE and A-Level English Literature and Language. Is this something people would be interested in? If so, is there any specific area people would want to be covered first?

For context, I'm doing this because I plan to become an English teacher, and am looking for a project to boost my experience. I study English Literature at the University of Birmingham.

Hey there, sounds like a great idea! A lot of people do use Mr Bruff, but an extra alternative would be good for some people :smile:
Just be careful because obviously the specification has changed since you took your GCSEs and A levels which will mean you need to look into the new spec before you start recording. But that will be good practise for if you do go into teaching which is always useful :smile:
Reply 2
I'll have to check him out, I don't think I've heard of him before. And yeah, I know people who have just finished their A-Levels and I actually think it's a fair deal harder than when I took mine; the change inspired me to start this in fact. Thanks for the support!
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by esralled

This is a pretty late reply (very sorry) but I feel like most people would find it particularly interesting for you to produce revision videos particularly as you currently study English in University so it offers a Students perspective and response to the syllabus.

I currently study English Literature A-level and English Language A-level and most of the students in my classes find revision videos to be their favoured revision resource, so for you to produce such videos would most likely be valued. Although videos are not my favoured revision resource it can be useful for certain topics!
All the best and good luck in the future :smile:
Reply 4
Yes it is worth doing, the more the merrier. Mr Bruff does something similar for English GCSE and A Level's, his a examiner.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending