Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I was already planning on going through clearing but I found out that if you decline your offers on results day it could take up to 10 days to get your clearing number and I don't want to take that risk because I want to apply to another uni. But now I've found out that even though I've asked them to decline me, these unis could miss tomorrow's UCAS deadline and I don't know what's going to happen to me - will I get my clearing number in time??
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cherub_xx)
    I was already planning on going through clearing but I found out that if you decline your offers on results day it could take up to 10 days to get your clearing number and I don't want to take that risk because I want to apply to another uni. But now I've found out that even though I've asked them to decline me, these unis could miss tomorrow's UCAS deadline and I don't know what's going to happen to me - will I get my clearing number in time??
    You'll just have to wait and see. The uni won't deliberately miss the deadline, but if they're really busy with other students who have left it until the last minute they may not have time to process it. But even if it is processed late, you'll still be in Clearing earlier by asking now rather than waiting til results day.

ReputationRep:
    You were FAR too late. You can't be serious about this, there's no chance for you to get into uni this year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crux_)
    You were FAR too late. You can't be serious about this, there's no chance for you to get into uni this year
    It's fine I got it in time I wasn't too late at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnEssayWriter)
    Hello, i can help you in writing an excellent admission letter which will guarantee you of admission into the University of your dreams.
    No, you obviously can't. "guarantee you of" LMAO

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RogerOxon)
    No, you obviously can't. "guarantee you of" LMAO
    Next thing you know you'll have a Norwegian prince on here offering free flights :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnEssayWriter)
    Hello, i can help you in writing an excellent admission letter which will guarantee you of admission into the University of your dreams.You can reach me on johnsamjoe731atgmail.com
    Hello Johnsamjoe, I require entrance into the University of Oxbridge and I want to study flower arrangement. Please give me your bank details so I can transfer the funds.

ReputationRep:
    No seriously some people do this sort of stuff
    https://www.timeshighereducation.com...192047.article

ReputationRep:
    I really think you should have waited for some replies before rejecting your UCAS offers... it doesn't take 10 days at all for your Clearing number to appear. I don't know where you got that from...
    There was always a chance that you might have met the requirements for your Firm/Insurance, or that they offered you an alternative course with lower entry requirements.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Petulia)
    I really think you should have waited for some replies before rejecting your UCAS offers... it doesn't take 10 days at all for your Clearing number to appear. I don't know where you got that from...
    There was always a chance that you might have met the requirements for your Firm/Insurance, or that they offered you an alternative course with lower entry requirements.
    Clearing number only appears once results have been gotten

ReputationRep:
    OP refers to declining their offers on results day, which suggests they were expecting to meet their grades but just wanted to go another uni.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DreamlinerFinder)
    Clearing number only appears once results have been gotten
    That's what I meant. There wasn't any point in rejecting both unis before result's day, because the clearing number would have appeared almost straight away on that day anyway, and OP doesn't know their results yet so they can't apply for another uni until results day anyway..... I don't see what they achieved by doing this.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    That's what I meant. There wasn't any point in rejecting both unis before result's day, because the clearing number would have appeared almost straight away on that day anyway, and OP doesn't know their results yet so they can't apply for another uni until results day anyway..... I don't see what they achieved by doing this.
    Quite a bit, because if OP declined their offers on results day, they could be in purgatory for up to a week or more, because they will be low priority for the uni and they will not be instantaneous on releasing them, and then the good clearing places will have gone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DreamlinerFinder)
    Quite a bit, because if OP declined their offers on results day, they could be in purgatory for up to a week or more, because they will be low priority for the uni and they will not be instantaneous on releasing them, and then the good clearing places will have gone.
    If they just want to change universities and they know they're going to meet their target grades then wouldn't it be safer to use Adjustment on the day?

ReputationRep:
    If they just want to change universities and they know they're going to meet their target grades then wouldn't it be safer to use Adjustment on the day?
    Why "safer" what is the risk?
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Adjustment is safer, but there are NO lists for it, as far as I know it's on uni websites, but under 1k people used it last year!.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Artjen)
    Why "safer" what is the risk?
    If your Firm or Insurance have accepted you, you can use Adjustment to browse other unis and ask if they'll take you, without having to lose your Firm place straight away. To use Clearing, you have to reject all of your choices first, meaning you can't fall back on them if you don't find a new place in Clearing.

ReputationRep:
    What if you don't get into your firm AND insurance? Will you get your clearing number automatically
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itsyrt)
    What if you don't get into your firm AND insurance? Will you get your clearing number automatically
    If they've both rejected you in time yes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    If they've both rejected you in time yes.
    What if you don't have an insurance choice and you get accepted into your firm? Can you go through adjustment and swap places without a clearing number or do you still have to ask the firm uni to be released into clearing?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.