Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've applied to Newcastle - does anyone know if I end up going through clearing for newcatsle if my accommodation preferences are still taken into account or not?
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophB1998)
    I've applied to Newcastle - does anyone know if I end up going through clearing for newcatsle if my accommodation preferences are still taken into account or not?
    The staff answering the clearing phone line at Newcastle will know this.

Anyone else will be guessing
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophB1998)
    Hi Soph,

If you've already applied for accommodation at Newcastle then you won't have to fill the application form in again. You're still guaranteed accommodation, however your application will be processed after students who meet the conditions of their offer. Your preferences will still be taken into account, but there will be a much more limited selection of sites.

There's more info about accommodation for students coming in through Clearing here.

Hope that helps!

Persephone

ReputationRep:
    Just to add that last year there were people entering via Clearing who were offered accommodation which was my son's first choice. He was taking up his Firm offer and was offered his his third choice on results day (which was still a good fit)... these things work in mysterious ways because accommodation isn't all allocated in one go but in waves (gender will make a difference to for achieving balance)

So don't assume you can't get accommodation that suits you best just because you are a Clearing entrant, at Newcastle anyway.

ReputationRep:
    I have a Liberty Plaza En-suite accommodation but wanted a Castle Leazes En-suite accommodation cause its closer to the medical school! anyone willing to swap?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.