Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Where do most British students get part time jobs? Do you care about brands you work for, the "prestige" or are you just looking to earn extra money? I ask as I have not seen many in most waiting jobs.

ReputationRep:
    Tends to be for the money while you study but some people do care about who they work for, eg they may not want to work for McDonald's despite needing the money.

I work for Gregg's and have previously worked as Temps for Next and Sainsburys along with permenant job in a small restaurant.
    Posted from TSR Mobile

Typically jobs in retail/high street or restaurants/bars.

I'd say it's usually a case of looking to earn extra cash working for a company that is flexible i.e. just work weekends and the above categories tend to fit the criteria. Prestige is less of a factor - most part-time jobs can be dressed up pretty well when put on a CV for instance.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by AQuestion1)
    Where do most British students get part time jobs? Do you care about brands you work for, the "prestige" or are you just looking to earn extra money? I ask as I have not seen many in most waiting jobs.
    There may also be jobs at the University you're studying at, such as in the Students' Union or as an ambassador.

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Thu, 1 Jan '70
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Thu, 1 Jan '70
  • Birmingham City University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 1 Jan '70
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.