Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Telling Girlfriend to stop texting guys that hit on her [from her school] Watch

Announcements

Hi all.
    So my Girlfriend constantly text guys that's hitting on her.

It's been couple times or many times already and she seems to not see it that they into her and think its ok to chat to them until we have a serious talk when it moves to far when they say they in love wanna hang out etc.

Shes just being too nice, not being ''cold'' enough to guys thats into her resulting [from my point of view that they take it as shes into them too even tho she might be not] but if she was bit cold to them they probably give up or go text some other girl

I could say all past guys she talked to we had arguments because she said i'm too protective choosing her friends telling what to say to them and most cases it makes her look mean. So i was like ok but at the end of every guy i was right what i was saying they just fall into her [or just pretend just to get her] and this is where she stop texting them etc and yeah sorry you were right.

But problem is she keep doing the same thing over and over again she shows me screen shots i tell her to say this or that be bit more cold ''like to me sometimes i know you can do it'' and seems like she just gets frustrated/mad at me again for telling her what to say but ik they hitting on her as i could tell from experience over idk past 5 guys she texted.

She's not the one to cheat she is really hard to get but she is easy to chat to especially if there is some ok looking guy texting her.

It's just being really annoying as i have to deal with it all time and hear all the lies she dont chat to anyone and then it comes out she does or did, shes hiding stuff, i dont think i can deal with this all time with each guy she text and then sorry to me and that she wont do it again makes me want to be with her less and less and i think i have mixed thoughts about her as shes just not being loyal to me as a bf and I think loyalty is key in relationship

I love her sooo much but i hate her at the same time but i love her more but hate sometimes same time idk

really difficult situation as we are in LDR and she does it because ''shes bored'' but she should be loyal then i wouldnt mind if shes hidding stuff and i find it my self later its just not right we meeting in few months to spend time and shes keeps doing that and i dont know im lost tbh

ReputationRep:
    You want your girlfriend to be a standoffish freak just because you don't want her to talk to other guys.....:lolwut:

Im ok with her being friends with guys thats just friends but all guys were into her and eventually fell in ''love'' and starting texting her what they feel etc and she stops talking to them then ''because i just wanna be friends and they like want sex nudes or fall in love'' and seems like she just playing with all these guys cuz shes bored, all i want her to be loyal to me and dont hide stuff which she always does hide stuff hide texts delete them lie to me how would you feel your gf doing this to you for like 10th time and she kept promising and breaking promise
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Why shouldn't she talk to them? It's not her fault if they develop feelings, and she's clearly loyal to you, given she cuts off any who want something more.

I can totally understand why she'd be annoyed that you're telling her what to say, that seems quite controlling to me :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ok so it is me being a bit too controlling, but why would she play with other guys she basically text them make them think shes into them etc and then rejects them if they fall or want something more, why would she keep texting them like this even tho all times before i was saying they into her and she ''sure'' everyones into me etc i cant have any friends but everytime at the end ''im sorry yeah you were right i shouldve listen to you'' when it comes out they wanted more etc as i said i wont mind if she was loyal and telling me the true but she lies so much that she dont text and getting annoyed when i can clearly see shes texting someone and then ik im sorry i shouldnt text etc i wont text anymore or try

Or better

How would you feel if you bf/gf keep texting with good looking opposite gender thats into your bf/gf and keep flirting and she/him dont even mind and flirts back or no rejection at all and they hiding it away from you ? Not telling you the true lying that they dont etc
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    You should trust her OP

Imo, the best way to know your SO loves you and that you can trust them is to give them freedom to talk to anyone they want to.

However, its probs important to note one of my best friends in the entire world is a girl

ReputationRep:
    Ease up. The best way to hold n to a gf is to be totally non possessive.

Ok guys i will try to be less possessive hopefully wont end up as some guys ''she said not to worry about him ...'' but yeah whatever will just not care anymore try to unlove her a little which will be super hard and just give her a freedom and see how things go and if things go bad then i shouldn't be as hurt if i loved her less i guess.

But still deep down inside i feel like its not ok for your girl to chat and flirt with other guys, i dont know how you guys but for me it's a little disrespect for me as a bf.

But thanks for advices !

ReputationRep:
    seriously people are telling him to be less possessive yet if the roles were reversed and someones boyfriend was texting other girls all day you'd be saying something different. To the OP - if its clearly bothering you and she clearly doesn't care enough to listen then you need to stop being a cuck and re-evaluate your life and your relationship

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 27, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.