Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Black Country flag is 'racist' and should be scrapped says Wolverhampton MP Watch

ReputationRep:
    A flag designed by a 12-year old schoolgirl to represent the Black country's industrial past has now been deemed racist by the MP for Wolverhampton.

Britain has gone mad.

https://www.expressandstar.com/news/...eleanor-smith/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cubone-r)
    A flag designed by a 12-year old schoolgirl to represent the Black country's industrial past has now been deemed racist by the MP for Wolverhampton.

https://www.expressandstar.com/news/...eleanor-smith/
    The MultiKultis are invaders and should be invited to return to their own native lands.

ReputationRep:
    it should really be dozens of snowflakes in pretty rainbow colors

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    it should really be dozens of snowflakes in pretty rainbow colors
    Yesss - Ngl that would be cool af.

ReputationRep:
    The liberal left, ladies and gentlemen. Too busy calling innocent young girls racists to care about the real issues.

ReputationRep:
    And MP's are surprised that the people they serve, despise them.

ReputationRep:
    She doesn't speak for her constituents by the way. Check out the poll in the local paper. 95% of nearly 50,000 responders disagree with her leftie snowflake nonsense.

ReputationRep:
    She just wants something to complain about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by astutehirstute)
    She doesn't speak for her constituents by the way. Check out the poll in the local paper. 95% of nearly 50,000 responders disagree with her leftie snowflake nonsense.
    I am very glad about that. However, this seems to be a symptom of a much large problem by where British people are made to feel ashamed for celebrating their heritage.

You wouldn't go to Italy and tell them to take down their Italian flags because now there is an ethnic minority community in town...

ReputationRep:
    Now denying she said it's racist. Typical pseudo-progressive Labour ideologue now doing the old Abbott/Thornberry furious back-peddle :rolleyes:
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    If it's racist then I don't know why she is representing a constituency in the Black Country.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    Now denying she said it's racist. Typical pseudo-progressive Labour ideologue now doing the old Abbott/Thornberry furious back-peddle :rolleyes:
    So she's a liar as well as an idiot. Hope the paper recorded the interview she says misquoted her.

Love for them to put it out in the public domain!

ReputationRep:
    Quite. Wouldn't surprise me if she was campaigning to change the name of the area to remove the word Black. Something so all the one-legged Micronesian Vegan Buddhist Lesbian Single Mothers felt included.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cubone-r)
    I am very glad about that. However, this seems to be a symptom of a much large problem by where British people are made to feel ashamed for celebrating their heritage.

You wouldn't go to Italy and tell them to take down their Italian flags because now there is an ethnic minority community in town...
    I mentioned something along these lines on another thread.

The "waycism" card, (only ever played against white people) is starting to get serious push back whenever it is shown. I have robust views on identity politics and often get called racist, or Islamophobe or xenophobe. I just tell them to shut the fcuck up about that, let's debate the point at dispute (whatever it is). Rarely do you encounter a substantive argument beyond it. It is all they have to say.

Seems like others are losing their fear of being labelled thus by some moronic SJW and doing the same. Not before time. A cultural shift is taking place, now, most of us are so sick of political correctness and not prepared to be silenced by it.. The term itself has become an insult, only ever used in a pejorative sense.

Having been silenced for so long it is time, in our turn to silence "waycist" obsessed morons like this MP. Point out how stupid she is and unworthy of her position.

ReputationRep:
    Lol I find this hilarious for some reason

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boredom101)
    Lol I find this hilarious for some reason
    Yes, sometimes people's idiocy is hilarious. :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    Diane Abbot 2.0?

ReputationRep:
    Haha hilarious, this further shows how ridiculous the far left is.

ReputationRep:
    If she actually wanted to ban chains everywhere then at least she'd have consistency.

But I haven't heard anything of an MP tabling any such motion so I think she just wants to kick up a fuss.

ReputationRep:
    The MP is practically an idiot.

This is the meaning behind the flag (copypasta from wikipedia):
    The flag owes its design to a quote made in 1862 by Elihu Burritt, the American Consul in Birmingham. He described the region as “black by day and red by night” — a result of the local furnaces giving out smoke and grime during the day and glowing by night. The flag background is therefore both black and red, with the chains showing a typical product manufactured in the area. The central white area represents the glass cone, a symbol of the region's glass-making heritage since 1790.

Tbh, this flag isn't too bad.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.