Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Just got Confirmation Letter from UCAS, does that mean i got the grades? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Im abit confused, ive searched online for a while and i still havent found an answer. the course was a Unconditional offer (firmly accepted))
    the letter says..

Dear Mr ******

Congratulations! Your place at ********* University to study ******** has been confirmed. Subject to you meeting any outstanding non-academic conditions* you’ll begin the course on **** September 2017 with a point of entry *****

If the university or college listed above was your insurance choice, your firm choice application has been unsuccessful. If you believe your firm choice should have accepted you, please contact the university or college immediately.

This letter is official proof of your place – you may wish to print it to keep for your records.

When you accepted the offer of a place on this course, a contract was made between you and your chosen university or college. If you have changed your mind, please read the information below which explains what you need to do next depending on what you want to change. Note that if you decide to not take up this place, you will need to contact the university or college on *********

If you received better grades than you expected, you may be able to secure a place on an alternative course using our Adjustment service.

There’s lots more advice to help you prepare for your studies at www.ucas.com.

We wish you every success and the best of luck for the future.

Yours sincerely

UCAS

*Non-academic conditions may include inoculations, satisfactory medical report, police checks, etc. Please re-read the details of your offer and check with your university or college if you’re unsure which conditions apply.

ReputationRep:
    If it was unconditional then obvs you're getting in
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenodium)
    Im abit confused, ive searched online for a while and i still havent found an answer. the course was a Unconditional offer (firmly accepted))
    the letter says..

Dear Mr ******

Congratulations! Your place at ********* University to study ******** has been confirmed. Subject to you meeting any outstanding non-academic conditions* you’ll begin the course on **** September 2017 with a point of entry *****

If the university or college listed above was your insurance choice, your firm choice application has been unsuccessful. If you believe your firm choice should have accepted you, please contact the university or college immediately.

This letter is official proof of your place – you may wish to print it to keep for your records.

When you accepted the offer of a place on this course, a contract was made between you and your chosen university or college. If you have changed your mind, please read the information below which explains what you need to do next depending on what you want to change. Note that if you decide to not take up this place, you will need to contact the university or college on *********

If you received better grades than you expected, you may be able to secure a place on an alternative course using our Adjustment service.

Yours sincerely

UCAS

*Non-academic conditions may include inoculations, satisfactory medical report, police checks, etc. Please re-read the details of your offer and check with your university or college if you’re unsure which conditions apply.

• PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenodium)
    the letter says..

Dear Mr ******

Yours sincerely

UCAS

It may be that they've received your results or it may be that they've made your place unconditional regardless of your results. Some universities have been doing that this month so that applicants can't use Adjustment to go to a different university.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    It may be that they've received your results or it may be that they've made your place unconditional regardless of your results. Some universities have been doing that this month so that applicants can't use Adjustment to go to a different university.
    That's so slimy :/
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gatewaymerge)
    That's so slimy :/
    It is

Unconditional offers for students still waiting for results are always for the benefit of the university not for the applicant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matty1356)
    If it was unconditional then obvs you're getting in
    It was a conditional offer at first though, seems they have changed it

ReputationRep:
    Yes i got the same thing last month, but it being results day tomorrow im double checking everywhere to make sure im right and im definable going to university nomatter what grades i get haha

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.