Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do guys under 6'0 have a harder time getting girls? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Not really. The average height is like 5'8-5'9. Most guys aren't 6'.

Honestly, it's all about confidence. I know an average, 5'9 guy who gets far more ladies than many of my taller friends, who are around 6'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lmaooome)
    WHY YOU STALKING man see I knew you had no life

yh I am a potato and proud and you are a disabled ant with benefits at 5ft3
    Lol play the victim when he exposed yo ass

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chanel_666)
    some people *cough* _princessxox *cough* don't date boys under 6'5
    BUT lots of girls date short boys
    everyone's got a different preference uno
    What's ur preference

ReputationRep:
    I know plenty of fkbois under 6 ft so no.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jack22031994)
    Ive always wondered when 'tall' becomes 'too tall?'

I know there arent many but are guys who are nearing 7"0, too tall?
    The Mountain from GOT is 6'10...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goldstarfish101)
    um who is you ??? its called banter something 1 gemers do not occupy

ReputationRep:
    I am 5"9 but I do well.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm 6'6" and I have the opposite problem of smaller guys, I'm considered "weird tall" by a lot of girls.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goldstarfish101)
    Rep given.

Salute to you.

Wtf does it mean if you're 5'11 😂😂

ReputationRep:
    No, you just need to be confident

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Black Cat)
    In terms of looks it would be things like your body type, facial structure, dress sense and race

Personality wise the vibe you give off and how she feels around you.

Social circle is important too girls look at who you are out with and if her friends don't approve of you then that could be a problem too.

Not saying that all girls are like this, but these are some of things that girls take into consideration.
    Ok thanks. How tall are you btw?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SCIENCE :D)
    Not where I am living it would seem. As I say, I am over 6' but I feel kinda short.
    That's strange. I feel like I am the same height as so many guys and I am 5 ft 5.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Concav)
    Ok thanks. How tall are you btw?
    6'3. It's good to be tall obviously, but it's not the end and be all.

I have seen people half my size pull girls consistently.

ReputationRep:
    6'3. It's good to be tall obviously, but it's not the end and be all.

I have seen people half my size pull girls consistently.
    What height would you starts to be considered tall?

ReputationRep:
    It's funny that so many shorter guys make threads like this.

But yes they will have it harder because tall guys are preferred by most girls but they can make up for their lack of height if they have good game, a good profession and are decent looking. But then it's also about what level of girls you can attract, tall guys with good game and are decent looking will be able to attract top end women, but all shorter guys may not. Also from early days tall guys will get attention from girl which will give them more confidence then shorter guys so that will make them more attractive to girls. But tall guys like me, who is 6'2 are a minority and i think only 20% at most are over 6 ft so the majority of girls who want a guy over 6 ft won't be able to so shorter guys shouldn't have such a small man syndrome about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Concav)
    What height would you starts to be considered tall?
    6'2 and up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slade p)
    It's funny that so many shorter guys make threads like this.

But yes they will have it harder because tall guys are preferred by most girls but they can make up for their lack of height if they have good game, a good profession and are decent looking. But then it's also about what level of girls you can attract, tall guys with good game and are decent looking will be able to attract top end women, but all shorter guys may not. Also from early days tall guys will get attention from girl which will give them more confidence then shorter guys so that will make them more attractive to girls. But tall guys like me, who is 6'2 are a minority and i think only 20% at most are over 6 ft so the majority of girls who want a guy over 6 ft won't be able to so shorter guys shouldn't have such a small man syndrome about it.
    Not necessarily true, what about the taller guys that had a sudden growth spurt later in life? Do you honestly believe that most tall guys have had positive validation from girls throughout their lives. It's true that taller guys are seen as more attractive, but most haven't always been attractive.

ReputationRep:
    Not necessarily true, what about the taller guys that had a sudden growth spurt later in life? Do you honestly believe that most tall guys have had positive validation from girls throughout their lives. It's true that taller guys are seen as more attractive, but most haven't always been attractive.
    Maybe not most but a much higher percentage then shorter guys, obviously if they are not decent looking and don't have game/personality then they won't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LostYouth)
    I mean... based purely on basic Darwinian or even Fisherian sexual selection theory, guys 6'0 and under are less likely to attract potential mates (in this case, girls in a club) in comparison to their taller counterparts. A good height is one of the key characteristics women subconsciously want for their child, so naturally, they'll look for that in potential mates—knowingly or otherwise.
    True. Darwinian evolution favours those 6'0'' and over. Being 5'11'' goes against "basic" evolutionary... stuff. Evolution's all like "ewwww! 5'11"??? nah gimme 6' ").

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 28, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.