Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

Did you know that you can sign up to Newcastle University Clearing Alerts? As well as e-mails you can sign up for WhatsApp alerts. You'll be sent general advice and guidance about Clearing, as well as updates about what Newcastle courses have spaces in Clearing

Good luck for results day!

Persephone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gnatt27)
    Sounds like your university ain't popular mate
    what, because they have clearing vacancies?
    the vast majority of unis in this country have spaces available via clearing pal.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hamzakalinle)
    the vast majority of unis in this country have spaces available via clearing pal.
    Correction: there are quite a few universities that DO NOT enter clearing, for example for politics 104 institutions are in clearing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hamzakalinle)
    No they don't (72 unis for History) . This uni is the worst of the Russell group league table wise and quite frankly ain't popular

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DreamlinerFinder)
    Correction: there are quite a few universities that DO NOT enter clearing, for example for politics 104 institutions are in clearing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

so you're telling me more universities don't enter clearing than those that do?
    I honestly don't believe that.

ReputationRep:
    No they don't (72 unis for History) . This uni is the worst of the Russell group league table wise and quite frankly ain't popular
    oh you're saying it's not popular because it's not highly rated in terms of the RG league tables?

In that case, fair enough. I thought you were saying it's unpopular because it's in clearing, even though I know of at least 11 russell group unis that are in clearing this year.

I wasn't talking about history, I'm talking about unis in clearing full stop.
    I still believe there are more unis nationwide that have clearing places available than those that dont, I mean at least nearly half of the RG unis have got places available.

ReputationRep:
    I would like to ask a question, I've originally applied for international business management. however, if I have to go through clearing (Newcastle is my top choice) would I be able to switch into a different course? I am considering doing Modern Languages and Business Studies (Japanese)
    thank you
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by prostheticzeta)
    I would like to ask a question, I've originally applied for international business management. however, if I have to go through clearing (Newcastle is my top choice) would I be able to switch into a different course? I am considering doing Modern Languages and Business Studies (Japanese)
    thank you
    Hi,

You can certainly apply for a different subject through Clearing - you will need to tell the admissions tutor why you want to focus on a language and make sure you address anything that might have been left out of your original personal statement.

Modern Languages and Business Studies is currently in the list of courses we expect to have places for

Good luck!

Persephone

ReputationRep:
    Nottingham, Birmingham and Loughborough are in clearing for many subjects..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Newcastle University)
    Hi,

You can certainly apply for a different subject through Clearing - you will need to tell the admissions tutor why you want to focus on a language and make sure you address anything that might have been left out of your original personal statement.

Modern Languages and Business Studies is currently in the list of courses we expect to have places for

Good luck!

Persephone
    thank you for your help!

ReputationRep:
    Clearing was quite stressful for me last year, but you’ve just got to keep calling up and checking different uni’s to see if they’ll take you. Remember that a lot of people go through clearing so you’re not alone! I managed to get into a really great uni (Bristol) but they didn’t have any accommodation. I did manage to get a room at Fusion Students and that was honestly the best decision ever, the rooms they have are awesome. Now I’m two years into my course and having a great time at uni so good luck on results day guys!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.