Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Employer not being helpful about payments. Watch

ReputationRep:
    I've asked my employer how he will make my payments and he's saying I'll need to create an invoice. Firstly, i know nothing about how to create an invoice or even where. He's really not trying to tell me how I can sort this invoice thing out so he can pay me.

Secondly, I asked if I'd need to register as self employed and someone as "educated" as him "doesn't know anything about registering as self employed"

Seems like he's trying to avoid tax and that's not my issue, all I care for is my money. I just don't know what?

Any ideas about the invoice or anything?

ReputationRep:
    What does your contract say?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RogerOxon)
    What does your contract say?
    No contract, all I know is the job listing stated i'll be paid X amount every month

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elise213)
    No contract, all I know is the job listing stated i'll be paid X amount every month
    Why are you working without a contract?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elise213)
    You have to meet certain criteria to be classed as self-employed. Generally, if you're self-employed you have the freedom to decide your own working hours - this is different to just being on a zero hours contract. You can check your status online and then register as self-employed if applicable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meany Pie)
    Why are you working without a contract?
    That really is a question for another day. If you're not going to offer any pragmatic help then please be on your merry way. Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    You need to register as self-employed within something like 3 months. Invoices are simple, dw. CAB should help :yy:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.