Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Love handles 😭 Watch

Announcements

I hate my love handles so bad I've been working out but I honestly feel sick looking at them my entire body I've lost weight and it's starting to look tighter but my stomach and love handles are sooo damn prominent how can I lose this weight becasue I don't want to become extremely skinny but I just want to lose that fat

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I hate my love handles so bad I've been working out but I honestly feel sick looking at them my entire body I've lost weight and it's starting to look tighter but my stomach and love handles are sooo damn prominent how can I lose this weight becasue I don't want to become extremely skinny but I just want to lose that fat
    Some people aren't meant to be skinny, they don't have it in their genes. They eat a normal, healthy amount of food and end up chubby. There's nothing wrong with having love handles, you need to continue to eat and act healthily for YOU and your HEALTH... and learn to love whatever body shape that gives you, rather than aiming for a possibly unachievable and unhealthy body type for yourself.

You can't burn fat from a specific area so there isn't really a way to target it.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Are you a guy or a girl? Go on a caloric deficit and a decent weighlifting program until you are 10-12% bodyfat. If you still have lovehandles then, that's just the genetics hand you've been given. Say thank you to your mum and dad

Omgg so I'm stuck with them forever ????😳

ReputationRep:
    Why are they even called love handles? Walahi I don't know
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Omgg so I'm stuck with them forever ????😳
    No. Eat less than your body needs and lift weights. They might go away when you're lean or they might still be there. Only one way to tell, diet.

ReputationRep:
    You don't need to diet or anything. You just need to do exercises that work out the muscles near your love handles. Then they will fit better over the muscles and so look slimmer

Thanks for the replies will deffo take them into consideration

ReputationRep:
    I think love handles are hot though.

ReputationRep:
    That fat is the same fat you have everywhere on your body. There is more concentrated around the mid section but you can't lose it there without losing it everywhere.

If you want a smaller belly that means losing body fat, which you can't spot reduce so it means losing it everywhere. If you're worried about the rest of your body looking skinny as a result then your only option is to replace it with muscle mass instead.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 27, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.