Muslims - How do you deal with sexual urges? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hey Guys,

I am a muslim female. I adhere to my beliefs and my religion. I just wanted some advice.

Recently, I have been desiring (I won't do it, just have the desire) to engage in physical contact with a guy e.g kissing, cuddling etc. Sexual frustration? Whatever you want to call it.

How do you deal with these kind of things?

And no, I am not ready to get married and settle down so don't bother suggesting that.

Thank you.
Plantagenet Crown
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Why don't you masturbate?
cbreef
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I think you know the answer to this...
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
Why don't you masturbate?
It's not permissible!
username2926188
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I don't get any sexual urges believe it or not. Try not to watch particular shows cos that could tempt you to do sexual stuff. Tbh I watch orange is the new black (has some sexual parts) and I always skip em. SKIP EM.
Plantagenet Crown
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
It's not permissible!
I've seen Muslims on here say that it is permissible if it stops you from committing zina.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Emerald7770)
I don't get any sexual urges believe it or not. Try not to watch particular shows cos that could tempt you to do sexual stuff. Tbh I watch orange is the new black (has some sexual parts) and I always skip em. SKIP EM.
Yeah, I think that is a problem too. I do skip them generally. Thank you for responding
Anonymous #1
I've seen Muslims on here say that it is permissible if it stops you from committing zina.
The guilt is not something I want to have
Anonymous #2
Report 1 year ago
I thought Islam is a works-based religion? That being so, surely you can have sex and whatever other activities your body desires. Just make sure you do good deeds to make up for that, e.g. give more to charity, fast longer, and whatever else earns you Allah's favour. I read a special report on "the girls of ISIS" a while ago and most reported themselves as being sexually active outside marriage, this being mitigated by the fact they were fighting for Allah—which, I understand, outweighs the magnitude of fornication.
username1894983
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Ibn Mas‘ood, may Allah be pleased with him, said that he and others were there when the Prophet saw, said: “O young people, whoever of you can afford marriage should marry because it is more (conducive to) lowering the gaze and more protective of the private parts; and whoever is not able to marry should fast, because fasting diminishes his sexual desire.” [Al-Bukhari and Muslim]

Fast , lower your gaze (don't entertain any fantasies in your head/imagination or what they call perving etc. with your minds eye) and don't read or listen to things that may provoke desire such as romantic novels etc. Keep yourself productive. Be with righteous people.

Top tip: If you feel the urges to be overwhelming run and get a cold shower ASAP, its worth it.

May Allah reward you.

And ignore the people that are going to suggest masturbation this is not something a muslim does.

Duas requested.
BigYoSpeck
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
"And those who guard their chastity (i.e. private parts, from illegal sexual acts). Except from their wives or (the captives and slaves) that their right hands possess, - for them, they are free from blame. But whoever seeks beyond that, then those are the transgressors." 23.5-7

If you're a male Muslim you always have the option of none Muslim sex slaves. But I think female Muslims are just plum out of luck on that front.

To the OP all you can do is avoid temptation. According to Islam, you should be averting your gaze from anything that instigates these urges.

I am curious as a hypothetical exercise that's slightly off topic, how much of a sin would it be for me to suggest apostasy to the OP? What punishment would I be looking at?
Cubone-r
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Just bash one out, you'll feel a lot better afterward.
Plantagenet Crown
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by BigYoSpeck)

I am curious as a hypothetical exercise that's slightly off topic, how much of a sin would it be for me as Kafir to suggest apostasy to the OP? What punishment would I be looking at?
In an Islamic state? Probably death or imprisonment.
queenofswords
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Ummah.com recommends cold showers and prayer.

Spoiler:
Show

:rofl:
i love grimes
Badges: 10
Report 1 year ago
take that sexual energy and transmute it into something more productive and wholesome. like an eating disorder, or a drug addiction.

JOKES, LOL! look into preventing obsessive thinking online, theres lots of tips and stuff for it. its all about training ur brain.
username3108158
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

I am curious as a hypothetical exercise that's slightly off topic, how much of a sin would it be for me as Kafir to suggest apostasy to the OP? What punishment would I be looking at?
I am pretty sure you'd be looking at a double punishment, one for making her apostatise and another for being yourself :dontknow:
BigYoSpeck
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by queenofswords)
Ummah.com recommends cold showers and prayer.

Spoiler:
Show

:rofl:

Haven't cold showers been shown to do the opposite? I know in men at least, a cold shower increases testosterone and circulation.

Women also tend to derive more pleasure from masochistic acts so there is every chance that the discomfort of a cold shower could itself become quite pleasurable.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by .-.-.-.-.)
Ibn Mas‘ood, may Allah be pleased with him, said that he and others were there when the Prophet saw, said: “O young people, whoever of you can afford marriage should marry because it is more (conducive to) lowering the gaze and more protective of the private parts; and whoever is not able to marry should fast, because fasting diminishes his sexual desire.” [Al-Bukhari and Muslim]

Fast , lower your gaze (don't entertain any fantasies in your head/imagination or what they call perving etc. with your minds eye) and don't read or listen to things that may provoke desire such as romantic novels etc. Keep yourself productive. Be with righteous people.

Top tip: If you feel the urges to be overwhelming run and get a cold shower ASAP, its worth it.

May Allah reward you.

And ignore the people that are going to suggest masturbation this is not something a muslim does.

Duas requested.
Jzk Khaiyr, I avoid it at all costs, Alhumdulillah. I was just curious as to how others deal with it.
Anonymous #1
"And those who guard their chastity (i.e. private parts, from illegal sexual acts). Except from their wives or (the captives and slaves) that their right hands possess, - for them, they are free from blame. But whoever seeks beyond that, then those are the transgressors." 23.5-7

If you're a male Muslim you always have the option of none Muslim sex slaves. But I think female Muslims are just plum out of luck on that front.

To the OP all you can do is avoid temptation. According to Islam, you should be averting your gaze from anything that instigates these urges.

Rejection? :lol:
username917703
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Can't shag, can't ****.

Genuinely feel sorry Muslims who live by that.

It can't be healthy to have no sexual release whatsoever.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (340)
15.73%
The paper was reasonable (1173)
54.28%
Not feeling great about that exam... (467)
21.61%
It was TERRIBLE (181)
8.38%

Watched Threads