Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I will most likely be doing poltical science in the fall at the university of Amsterdam (uva) for undergrad as it is the course that I like the best and has the most amount of freedom(as I can minor in gender studies). However, I am unaware of the UVAs reputation and would like to do a post grad in polisci at Oxbridge, lSE, or King. I was wondering if going to UVA would disadvantage me any way,or or if anyone is aware of the reputation? Would it be better for me to go to a U.K. uni?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    General university reputation becomes a smaller factor at postgraduate level and beyond. Just ensure you have the right supervisor and the right project (wherever that may be) - it is the quality of your work that will count most.

ReputationRep:
    UVA is certainly at the same level of some of the best Universities in the UK. But, most UK Unis do not choose their postgrad students on the basis of 'which Uni'. More important will be your research interests and two good academic references.

ReputationRep:
    As above.

Also, be aware that Oxbridge, LSE and King's have very different approaches to their study of politics and international relations. It's not a given that any of them are good choices for you - if they don't suit your research interests or preferred theoretical approaches, they're not going to be much use.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.