Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am trying to decide on my university shortlist for September, and so I am doing a lot of research into the various universities that provide a law degree. However, I am finding it difficult to find honest, unbiased opinions about each uni. I like to be prepared for anything so I really want to know the detailed, nitty gritty of each uni, if that is possible. Like, what absolutely sucks about it? How is the teaching - do you get sufficient support?

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    If you specify which unis you're considering, we can give you more information.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry! I am looking at the Russell Groups, but I have not narrowed down my search further as of yet
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LilyDragneel)
    Sorry! I am looking at the Russell Groups, but I have not narrowed down my search further as of yet
    That's still 24 unis!

I think anyone on here is going to have a particular bias one way or another. It's why it's probably a good idea to visit the universities you are thinking of and research it carefully for what works right for you.

ReputationRep:
    Start by deciding whether you:
    - Are prepared to live in London
    - Are prepared to live in Scotland (4 year degree, different legal system)
    - Want to live no more than a certain amount of time / number of miles from your home.

That should eliminate a few of the 24.

As for me, I loved my Southampton Uni experience and would be a cheerleader for that. If I were looking at universities now, my 5 choices would probably be:
    Sussex
    Durham
    Bristol
    Nottingham
    Oxbridge one or the other, but probably Cambridge because the Oxford exam regime is brutal

I'd also be having a pretty good think about including Exeter and Manchester. All this based purely on which universities / cities are the sorts of places I would enjoy living in for 3 years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LilyDragneel)
    I am trying to decide on my university shortlist for September, and so I am doing a lot of research into the various universities that provide a law degree. However, I am finding it difficult to find honest, unbiased opinions about each uni. I like to be prepared for anything so I really want to know the detailed, nitty gritty of each uni, if that is possible. Like, what absolutely sucks about it? How is the teaching - do you get sufficient support?

Thank you
    No one is going to post an in-depth review of their uni for a single thread, particularly given that we don't know what sort of unis you're looking at. It may have been worth the time and effort if this was a formal, structured question with specific universities that was stickied.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.