Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What have you done today to look after your mental health and well-being? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Had hypnotherapy
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I've changed GP surgeries due to my old doctor emigrating and it was soooo hard to ever get an appt at my old surgery. I am nervous about going to a new surgery as its very much trial and error to find a doctor you like, especially an empathetic one on the MH front but my mum goes to the new surgery and has found an empathetic doctor so here's hoping I will get on well there :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I danced around my flat to this:

It's the simple pleasures in life.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spock's Socks)
    I've changed GP surgeries due to my old doctor emigrating and it was soooo hard to ever get an appt at my old surgery. I am nervous about going to a new surgery as its very much trial and error to find a doctor you like, especially an empathetic one on the MH front but my mum goes to the new surgery and has found an empathetic doctor so here's hoping I will get on well there :yep:
    Aww don't worry I'm sure it will be fine :hugs: I've had a bit of trouble in the past with a certain doctor who literally just dismissed my worries. Now I'm with a doctor who really seems genuine and she is such a lovely woman. A good doctor really makes all the difference. I hope it all goes well for you
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Spent time with my family and I also saw my aunt's new kitten for the first time :love: I also turned down drink today. When I drink booze, I can't sleep for hours, even if I only have one drink and I've been sleeping really well for the last week or so, so I decided not to drink today. Catching up on sleep makes all the difference to my well being :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Can someone help me

Basically,
    It's been a year that i have my crush's number and snapchat, and I always feel the need to IMPRESS him or make sure he thinks a CERTAIN way about me. Sorry I'm bad at explaining so let me give you an example, eg. uploading a picture of my house/dad/ sister or whatever on my snapchat so he knows my family looks like this so he can think good of my family or whatever because I don'' want him to think differently and his perception (eg I think ''what if he thinks my family member looks freshie or short or tall or has this hair or that etcc'', change his perception EVEN THOUGH you actually don't know what he thinks anyway but it's just my ****ing brain. Because I always overthink stuff eg when I'm chilling in my bedroom I'm like: omg what if he thinks my dad looks like this or what if he thinks this or that, and then I feel the need to upload something on snapchat to make sure he doesn't think that.

DOES ANYONE KINDA UNDERSTAND?
    I sound so pathetic for **** sake but this has become so ANNOYING and it's kinda taking over my life and causing me to kinda feel depressed.
    If ANYONE has gone through this please let me know.

Sometimes I literally just delete my snapchat to prevent myself from all these thoughts, but then I get a massive headache about it.
    I'm getting better now, like why do I even care so much??

PLEASE ADVISE ME
    Gives me headaches and prevents me from living my normal daily life and feel mentally healthy because this mentally just exhausts me.

I DON'T WANT TO THINK OR CARE OR WHATEVER I WANT TO LIVE MY LIFE.
    Sometimes I feel like let me just delete my snapchat account or delete the pictures on my phone so I don't have anything to upload of my family etc.

The headaches I get due to this thinking are the worst, causing me not being ABLE to focus on my studies, my life.
    Imagine I have another crush and the same thing happens, DON'T want to live the rest of my life like this what the hell.
    I just want to find a way of DEALING with it.

These **** thoughts are affecting my life and my education, just finished year 13 and I can say that I think
    I didn't do too well.
    Why? BECAUSE OF THIS.
    What has happened to me? https://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/...lies/frown.png
    Sometimes I feel like it just gives me a MENTAL BREAKDOWN,
    but since summer holidays is nearly finished, I want this to STOP and start [email protected]??!!!

My head starts to bang, think it's easier to kinda understand
    if you have gone through it.

YO, Shouldnt I be worrying about results day?! SEE this is what i mean.
    If anyone can cuss me, and help me not care.. maybe I'm just too innocent.
    Kinda scares me.

Just want to be able to say ''Yo, I don't give a ****!''
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Yesterday - I stayed overnight with my mum after the bad news we got about papa. We watched some films and had a couple of drinks. It was nice and I got my hair highlighted. Always feel better after getting my hair done.

Today - I opened up to my mum and husband about how worried I am. I know now that I shouldn't hold it in

ReputationRep:
    Had a nap after my busy long night shift
    • Welcome Squad

Slept a lot
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Had a night out with my husband. It was the first night out we've had in ages and we just spoke for ages and had a laugh. I didn't want the night to end :love: was definitely needed after the bad news about my papa this week and it was nice to get away from my flat for a few hours. I love my flat but when you feel stressed, it feels like the walls are closing in

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I took a panic attack when I first woke up this morning so I got straight out of bed and started walking about the flat to try burn off some energy and then I went for a bath. It has helped

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I pushed myself to do something I haven't done in years - I done my food shopping alone. I used to take panic attacks while waiting at the till or packing because I'd feel trapped while waiting especially if someone was in front or behind me and then there would be no way for me to get out and then I worried while packing in case I was too slow and held everyone up, plus I'd want to get out of there asap.

I'm glad I done it today

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I had a hockey training session and for the full 2 hours I thought of nothing but hockey and the lovely people I was with. All my worries were non-existent, all the negativity and bad thoughts had gone away. I was just happy for the first time in months. The effect has worn off now but I still haven't gone back to rock bottom yet :moon:

ReputationRep:
    Banged gym and prayed.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Staying in today and spending time with my cats before their dental operations on Wednesday. I am so nervous about it. I am dreading leaving them at the vets :cry2: my mum offered to take me out today but thought it best to stay in and recharge after everything that has happened in the last week plus I want to spend some time with the kitties
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Booked tickets to my local train fayre. It's important to have something to look forward to

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Not doing good with compulsions today :cry2: trying hard not to give into checking my body for lumps, taking pics of 'lumps' and googling. Its so hard I am trying to distract myself by trying to find some new horror films to watch. I also got paid early today so I treated myself to some new clothes and candles online
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I watched My Neighbour Totoro. I feel really happy and content now after watching it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Actually took a break from staring at my computer science coursework and went out to an ice cream farm (:

Got in contact with PAPYRUS

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 19, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.