Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What have you done today to look after your mental health and well-being? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Actually Ive been struggling a bit with my MH lately. Being a semi full time carer for my dad, part time worker and student gets a bit tiring.

ReputationRep:
    Not today but yesterday I had a few shots of vodka.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Had a day out which involved a lot of walking :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Having a day in catching up on TV shows I've missed and making a pot of soup. Least it's healthier than a takeaway :teehee:

Posted from TSR Mobile

was yesterday but:
    stopped running after i realised it was tearing something, made me slower and i was slightly late to meet my friends as a result but it didnt matter in the end
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Got my hair done. Always feel better after getting my hair done
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Had a home visit from the two therapists that will be leading the weekly self help I will be going to from next week. They hope to help me with OCD, general anxiety and panics.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I went to my first session of group therapy. It went well I also walked to the appt and then back which helped clear my head.

ReputationRep:
    Spent time with my cats, they always help me and listened to some music which helps me keep calm.

ReputationRep:
    **** all
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    One of my major compulsions with ocd is to constantly check my body for lumps and/or irregularities and that means looking in the mirror or taking pics. I had over 400 pics on my phone of my neck, abdomen etc from every angle to look for differences in each side.

I deleted all the pics last night and touch wood, it's kind of helped. Usually I'd give into my compulsions every few mins during the day today, I've only checked myself twice

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yas8)
    Spent time with my cats, they always help me and listened to some music which helps me keep calm.
    Is your name Yasmin? I'm called Yasmin and love cats too :eek: my cats always help me when I'm feeling crappy too :yep: I'd be lost without them

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I talked to someone about how I was feeling - coherently, more articulately and calmer this time. Also did the least stressful work first and got it out of the way, so I can deal with the more stressful stuff tomorrow which sounds bad for tomorrow's me, but at least they don't have to worry about the things I've got done today so hopefully I can focus on the difficult stuff and approach it calmer this time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rum Ham)
    Is your name Yasmin? I'm called Yasmin and love cats too :eek: my cats always help me when I'm feeling crappy too :yep: I'd be lost without them

Posted from TSR Mobile
    My name is Yasmin! :eek::p:) Cats are the best! They always know when i need comforting. :hugs:

(Original post by rum ham)
    sorry to hear this :hugs:

Have you been to your gp about this? If not, i would suggest that to see if there's any meds/therapy they can offer you.

As for self help, i would recommend trying to get as much sleep as you can, avoid alcohol if you do drink, try and eat something - even if you don't have much of an appetite, talk to someone - be it a trusted friend or family member or even someone online such as on a dedicated mh forum like mhss on here

posted from tsr mobile
    and exercise

(Original post by anonymous)
    can someone list things to do to look after your mental health i'm personally going through a depressive stage and i just feel like giving up i hate everything i randomly feel like crying i could go on but don't want to bore you
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yas8)
    My name is Yasmin! :eek::p:) Cats are the best! They always know when i need comforting. :hugs:
    Nice to meet a fellow crazy cat lady called Yasmin :yep: :hugs: how many cats do you have? I've got 4

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Nice to meet a fellow crazy cat lady called Yasmin :yep: :hugs: how many cats do you have? I've got 4

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nice to meet you too I have 2, what kind of cats do you have?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yas8)
    Nice to meet you too I have 2, what kind of cats do you have?
    Mine are all tabby cats - 3 girls and a boy what about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Mine are all tabby cats - 3 girls and a boy what about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Awwww, 1 girl who is a Calico, and 1 boy who is a Ginger tom.

ReputationRep:
    ...i ate chocolate...does that count?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 19, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.