Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    ^^^^^^^^

ReputationRep:
    Are you in love with macOS? If so then the mac.

If you either prefer Windows or don't care then the Dell. You get a better device for the same money.

The finish and build of the mac are nicer, but there is by no means anything wrong with the Dell. But the Dell has considerably more features, for example it has ports you can use. Depending on which you get the screen is superior and you have touch available.

And spec for spec it will cost less. Oh and you can upgrade components such as RAM and storage in the Dell.

ReputationRep:
    I actually just bought the xps 15 couple weeks ago. Got any questions for me?

ReputationRep:
    I can't think of a single advantage of the Macbook over an XPS15. Get the Dell

ReputationRep:
    REVIEW..

Dell’s XPS 15 is still an award-winning laptop. It might not have the instant visual impact of the diminutive XPS 13, but it’s crammed full with unrivalled horsepower in that 15.6in chassis. The XPS 15 is the perfect marriage of raw performance and lavish looks, but it doesn’t come cheap.

You see, it starts at an eye-watering £1,349. In hindsight, you can pick up an entry-level 13in MacBook Pro for £100 less, and should you opt for its smaller 13.3in equivalent, you’ll save yourself £200. After the top-end model with a 4K touch display, Intel Core i7, 32GB of RAM and a 1TB SSD? That’ll set you back a mortgage-inducing £2,199.

And that’s the sticking point, and one where the XPS 15 starts to fall a little flat; it’s a splendid performer, yes but one that’s out of reach from most payslips. If money is no object (lucky you), Dell’s XPS 15 remains the best Windows laptop ever made, but just get an XPS 13 if you’re a little more strapped for cash. You may be losing out on an extra 2.3in of screen real estate, but it’ll soften the blow to your wallet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ifonly...)
    REVIEW..

Dell’s XPS 15 is still an award-winning laptop. It might not have the instant visual impact of the diminutive XPS 13, but it’s crammed full with unrivalled horsepower in that 15.6in chassis. The XPS 15 is the perfect marriage of raw performance and lavish looks, but it doesn’t come cheap.

You see, it starts at an eye-watering £1,349. In hindsight, you can pick up an entry-level 13in MacBook Pro for £100 less, and should you opt for its smaller 13.3in equivalent, you’ll save yourself £200. After the top-end model with a 4K touch display, Intel Core i7, 32GB of RAM and a 1TB SSD? That’ll set you back a mortgage-inducing £2,199.

And that’s the sticking point, and one where the XPS 15 starts to fall a little flat; it’s a splendid performer, yes but one that’s out of reach from most payslips. If money is no object (lucky you), Dell’s XPS 15 remains the best Windows laptop ever made, but just get an XPS 13 if you’re a little more strapped for cash. You may be losing out on an extra 2.3in of screen real estate, but it’ll soften the blow to your wallet.
    Only issue I have with the xps 13 is that the code might be really hard to see because of the screen being small

ReputationRep:
    I will be using my Dell xps 13 for a computer science course in september but I am planning on hooking it to a larger monitor. I have been using it for sometime and can't say that I have had any issue with the screen being too small, but if your budget stretches to the xps 15 then its probably best to get that.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.