Motorcycle or car? Watch

dlaws.
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Laomedeia)
Try overtaking on one. I would recommend you say a prayer first tho.
overtaking under 50mph is fine.. over 50 overtaking a lorry ill dial 999 before overtaking lol
davidfisher12
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I suggest you, go for a car. No doubt there are a lot of fun on bikes, like feeling bike speed sound, freedom of riding etc. But it's difficult for you to enjoy all the moments in all weather. Check Motor2go site where you will get the best deals either on bikes or cars. I bought a car last month from this site simple, easy to use for buying online.
-Eirlys-
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I had a moped and everyone wanted to see it! :lol: I was the only girl/person who was driving a moped to school whilst other's parents had bought cars for them. I didn't mind though. It got me where I wanted and was cheap to run. And no-one wanted to see people's cars, only my moped!
dlaws.
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
^^ everyone at college is like :love: when I ride in on my motorcycle, no one even notices the students who drive in on a 1.0 corsa lol
Blue_Cow
  • TSR Support Team
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by dlaws.)
^^ everyone at college is like :love: when I ride in on my motorcycle, no one even notices the students who drive in on a 1.0 corsa lol
And I doubt anyone gives a damn about not being noticed.
dlaws.
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Blue_Cow)
And I doubt anyone gives a damn about not being noticed.
My point was about the motorcycle, not the un-noticed corsa.
Jaetten
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Try both, get a CBT booked if you haven't already, see how it feels on the road.
It'll help you with a car too, you'll notice things on a bike that you never will while driving a car.

Given your age, I'd go with a car, first. You'll be stuck on a gimped moped or 125 under 24. Not that 125s are bad, you lack modern features on 125s.

Whichever you do chose, keep your head screwed on and drive/ride for yourself, not others.
Mick123750
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Tosh. It's the soft squishy idiots in cars who are dangerous. I've ridden for 30yrs and have advanced riding and driving qualifications and drivers never cease to amaze me. In fact when I took my driving test and my class 1 hgv' test both the instructors and examiner's said that they could tell I was a biker because I was so much more aware of everything going on around me. Before my lessons or test I had never met these people before in my life. Driving standards are appalling in this country. Furthermore you all sit in traffic wondering why you aren't getting anywhere. Too many cars on the road simples !!!!!
thebigbarry
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Laomedeia)
Try overtaking on one. I would recommend you say a prayer first tho.
as someone who owns a 125, they aren't fast enough. They can do 70, they cannot comfortably do 70. If there's a headwind, an uphill, or (God forbid) both you're ****ed. Headwind, uphill, my YBR hardly cranked 50 today.
thebigbarry
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Pros of a bike (125)
-Cheap to run (£10 of fuel every 3 weeks)
-Cheap to insure (£600 per year no blackbox)
-Traffic ain't ****, I've managed to filter past a friend in a traffic jam, go maccies, eat my meal, ride back, and he was still sat there. Getting into cities and busy towns can actually be fun.
-Fun in good weather
-Can be fun in bad weather, 1st gear rolling burnouts in mega wet

Cons:
-**** in bad weather, spark plug shits its self, cold, can cause rust if you dont dry it, have to maintain 24/7
-Having to put your gear somewhere, more of a pain than it seems
-Unsafe, I've been hit off the thing once, nearly hit once this week already (it's Monday), fallen off it twice (both my fault, 1st was poor maintenance as a noob, 2nd was trying to rip skids on gravel)
-Repairs ain't cheap unless you do it yourself, that 1st falling off cost me £500
-It's not 1/2 as cool as you think it is, I look like a tool, more so than I did before
-They're slow as all ****, downhill, leaned all the way forward, feat on pillion pegs, redline 4th then stick 5th, you'll get 75 (indicated). They're especially slow uphill and in headwinds. Anything above 50 isn't comfortable for long.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (89)
16.57%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (55)
10.24%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (96)
17.88%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (81)
15.08%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (54)
10.06%
How can I be the best version of myself? (162)
30.17%

Watched Threads