A question for muslims on here concerning relationships Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .-.-.-.-.)
    We will see if you find it sickening on the day of judgement /end
    Judgement Day is as fictitious as the tooth fairy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .-.-.-.-.)
    God forbid, if he was my son.... This is what I think I would do: I would first advice him to take a U-turn immediately by repenting and cutting himself off from partying,dating etc.
    If he doesn't do it immediately I will semi-disown him i.e will only contact him to give him advice to come back to the straight path. And once he changes his ways and sincerly repents I will consider him my son again and try to treat him normally.

But most families imo would straight up disown and cut all ties and thats what he should expect.
    How you can cut ties over your son and pretend like he doesnt exist because of a few choices he made. He is still your son.

Disowning your child isnt going to sit well with you on judgement day either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fermion.)
    Pathetic how you can cut ties over your son and pretend like he doesnt exist because of a few choices he made. He is still your son.

Disowning your child isnt going to sit well with you on judgement day either.
    Why are you telling me this?

-_-, never said I will cut all ties with my son if I ever were in such a situation I will still remain in contact inorder to keep giving him advise. I am sure if I had such a son he wouldn't even want to live with me due to conflicting lifestyles. I also said that I will be back to normal with him if he changes his ways.

To your second point maybe.

ReputationRep:
    Could be anything from just accepting it to honour killing.

ReputationRep:
    Threads of this nature always trigger a huge sense of gratefulness on my part. However, it's still bemusing that, in 2017 Britain, being grateful for dodging an outdated, close-minded cultural bullet is the prevalent feeling when undoubtedly, one should never have to hide such a feeling from their own parents in the first place.

That being said, it is the frustrating reality and I hope your friend is fortunate enough to get through to them. I hope they have at least a shred of devotion to their son and open their eyes, but I sense the process will be long and painful.

ReputationRep:
    These days it's mostly accepted in muslim families, so his family would accept her. The only issue they would have is they would want them to get married and make everything lawful so that the couple do not commit any more sin and the second issue is her being atheist, they might want her to be a muslim well they would prefer it if she converted. My brother is married to a convert muslim, before marriage she was a Christian but she had always wanted to convert anyways.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manuster)
    wait seriously??? is this a troll??

dude

thats so awful...
    Nope. Deadly serious :/

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 28, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.